Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell house-how soon to get proceeds?

Options
  • 22-01-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

I'm selling a house and have closing date finalised. What exactly happens from a sellers point of view?Do I drop keys to solicitor the morning of closing date?I know he wipes out my remaining balance owed but how soon do I get the proceeds of the sale,roughly? 1 week?
    Also,would I need to take a day of work to sign final contracts etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

toby2111 wrote: »
    I'm selling a house and have closing date finalised. What exactly happens from a sellers point of view?Do I drop keys to solicitor the morning of closing date?I know he wipes out my remaining balance owed but how soon do I get the proceeds of the sale,roughly? 1 week?
    Also,would I need to take a day of work to sign final contracts etc?

We got ours within a few days, final signing didn't take long, maybe half an hour with solicitor if I remember correctly. Estate agent takes keys on closing day and takes note of meter reading etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Thestones wrote: »
    We got ours within a few days, final signing didn't take long, maybe half an hour with solicitor if I remember correctly. Estate agent takes keys on closing day and takes note of meter reading etc.

Meh.Never seen an estate agent being that interested to take meter readings. Their commission is in their pocket at that stage..Actually they have no interest ever in the meter readings (or much else).

Advertisement