Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Ghost Island (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah I really think the season has great potential to kick on post merge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Oh Chris
    You silly boy, how could he not see how much he grates on people

irishman86 wrote: »
    Oh Chris
    You silly boy, how could he not see how much he grates on people

An incredible lack of self awareness,that's how.:D

Cracking episode even if the vote however predictable was a letdown as a finale to the big showdown.Gathering all his minions for instruction at the watering hole.:pac:

Mind boggles how he followed JT in failing to play his HII,overconfidence another character trait that failed him.

If only he had a modicum of common sense and had'nt secured it's use for another tribal council.

Bit of a waste of Dominick's legacy advantage.

Epic stuff from Dominick and Wendell whilst voting!!Chris can't rap.:)

Food tasting challenge next week,yummy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll admit this episode was miles better than the rest of the season so far, so it gives me a modicum of hope for the remainder of the season, and I even warmed to Dominick and Wendell quite a bit, but Donathan is still the only stand out character of the season - the only one worthy of becoming a returning player in future seasons...

Thank f*** that idiot Chris is gone - he really annoyed me and took up far too much airtime. Perhaps now a few others will get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

seligehgit wrote: »
    Food tasting challenge next week,yummy!:D

Bring back the auction!

• Advertisement

I'll admit this episode was miles better than the rest of the season so far, so it gives me a modicum of hope for the remainder of the season, and I even warmed to Dominick and Wendell quite a bit, but Donathan is still the only stand out character of the season - the only one worthy of becoming a returning player in future seasons...

Thank f*** that idiot Chris is gone - he really annoyed me and took up far too much airtime. Perhaps now a few others will get a look in.
    It was okay but even when they were zooming in on peoples faces as Geoff was reading the votes I still didnt know who half of them were. Not a good sign this late in a season, I have a feeling its one of the ones Ill have forgotten about the morning after the finale and reunion...

Thargor wrote: »
    It was okay but even when they were zooming in on peoples faces as Geoff was reading the votes I still didnt know who half of them were. Not a good sign this late in a season, I have a feeling its one of the ones Ill have forgotten about the morning after the finale and reunion...

Yeah, there's a good few that I just don't know their names whatsoever and honestly there was one girl that I don't even remember being there in this season thus far... A blonde girl... Not Libby or Kellan (not even sure if Kellan is the right name), or the slightly older one... There's a fourth blonde girl that just suddenly appeared this week and I'm just sitting in front of my laptop going "who the f**k is this one?"

EDIT: Her name is Jenna apparently...

EDIT II: Turns out its Kellyn with a y...

EDIT III: I forgot Angela (who I've referred to above as the slightly older one) was still even on this season... Definitely just assumed she'd been voted off at some point...

Michael's HII play at tribal deserved a better reward than the split vote.Stupid edit implying there was even a modicum of a chance that Donathon and Laurel would be anything other than sheep and stay loyal to Naviti.

Loved the food challenge,Wendell's performance in the reward challenge was out of this world.Set up for Wendell and Dominick to dominate the game unless somebody decides to shake it up.

Tis a shame that decent player like Sea Bass :D won't likely be in the shake up due to a lack of any interest in strategy.

Michael's HII play at tribal deserved a better reward than the split vote.Stupid edit implying there was even a modicum of a chance that Donathon and Laurel would be anything other than sheep and stay loyal to Naviti.

Loved the food challenge,Wendell's performance in the reward challenge was out of this world.Set up for Wendell and Dominick to dominate the game unless somebody decides to shake it up.

Tis a shame that decent player like Sea Bass :D won't likely be in the shake up due to a lack of any interest in strategy.

Cowards is what they are
    Even the Army girl made a move there
    Michael seems to be the only other person trying anything, they seem so boring
    I like Donathon, Wendell, Dom and Mike. Hopefully one of them win
    The rest are just meh
    Sebastian is a big disappointment for me

Well Pinocchio gets voted out,a more pleasurable vote out there hasn't been in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thought the comments here last week about Donathon and Laurel were super harsh but didn't have time to respond. Yeah, last weeks boot wasn't great TV but I thought it was the correct move for them and I think they're in a pretty good position. Laurel should be pretty pissed at Dom for telling Kellyn she was the source.

Calling them sheep and cowards was a tad OTT.

How not to play survivor right there
    Really hope they blindside that blonde girl who keeps talking about her gut, shes just terrible and has got by on pure luck being on the side of the numbers
    Dom has really grown into the game and has really good read on people, right now along with Donanthon thats who i want to win

Cracking episode.

Loved the twist at the IC.

Dominick looks a winner,playing a superb game.

Wendell is a worthy adversary.

Neither party were taken in by Michael's bluff.Kellyn continues to be a hostage to speculation.

Great effort by Michael,just came up short.

Chelsea continues to impress in ICs.

Wasted play of a HII by Donathon.

Jenna truly was deadwood in terms of the game.

Cracking episode.

Loved the twist at the IC.

Dominick looks a winner,playing a superb game.

Wendell is a worthy adversary.

Neither party were taken in by Michael's bluff.Kellyn continues to be a hostage to speculation.

Great effort by Michael,just came up short.

Chelsea continues to impress in ICs.

Wasted play of a HII by Donathon.

Jenna truly was deadwood in terms of the game.

It started of well but christ it feels like another wasted chance
    I agree with Dom or Wendell it could be 50/50 in the final for them
    Dom has a great read on people and the situation
    Kellyn is the worst, i said it from the first episode she is uber paranoid
    Jenna pretty much ruined her own chance at blindsiding by saying lets go to the vote, Donathon had to play his idol on himself after that
    Feel sorry for Michael, alongside Dom/Wendell hes the only one playing the game
    A whole lot of GOATS left

I've yet to read/hear any exit interviews but I'm very curious as to why Michael voted for Wendell at that TC? What was he expecting to happen? Surely if his plan to persuade Dom, Wendell and Kellyn succeeded then their votes would go on Laurel. They're not going to place votes on each other. So if this was his only chance of survival he should have also placed a vote on Laurel and she would have gone home this week as a result of Kellyn's double vote.

Unless he was trying to stay on Laurel's good side in the hope that he gets her vote at FTC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

****e season, Chelsea has been nice to look at though, she's a winner in my eyes.

Total dud of a season, worst ever imo, dont care about anything thats happening or anyone in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Absolutely, they are far too plain. This season seems to be flat and is not exciting at all. They should have done the whole Ghost Island thing with former players. Bring back Russell Hantz

Would love to see Russell come back. Still easily my favourite Survivor of all time.

Donathon played an Oscar winning performance at Tribal Council with that bomb re fractures in Laviti and potential blindsides.Telling Wendell kept his HII firmly in his pocket.

Probably was the last chance to split up the power couple that is Dominick and Wendell.:D

Winner is going to come from those two,Sebastian could be final three although his edit and game suggests he has zero chance of winning the game.Although he's one of the three guy alliance he was never mentioned by the girls as a name to put down.He is far too nice a beach dude to hand the necessary ruthless streak to win this game.

Donathon is a real dark horse for final three,very savvy player.

• Advertisement

Would love to see Russell come back. Still easily my favourite Survivor of all time.

Unfortunately I believe he'd be targeted for voting out immediately ala Survivor Redemption Island.

His reputation goes before him.

Donathon played an Oscar winning performance at Tribal Council with that bomb re fractures in Laviti and potential blindsides.Telling Wendell kept his HII firmly in his pocket.

Probably was the last chance to split up the power couple that is Dominick and Wendell.:D

Winner is going to come from those two,Sebastian could be final three although his edit and game suggests he has zero chance of winning the game.Although he's one of the three guy alliance he was never mentioned by the girls as a name to put down.He is far too nice a beach dude to hand the necessary ruthless streak to win this game.

Donathon is a real dark horse for final three,very savvy player.
    More so than Laurel? I'm still rooting for her. Underdogs ftw!!!!

I assumed Donathon and Laurels performance was done to flush the idol as opposed to fooling the girls too.

Think it was the right move too but it might be now or never to take the first shot at Dom / Wendall. Laurel seems fully aware of her situation but she'll need a little bit of luck to execute a plan now.

I don't think it's a bad season but I've never been too picky when it comes to survivor.

Cringing so hard at the way Probst says "Love", its just a weird way to use it, I never iked the family visit eps anyway.

An okay episode though, hopefully it will start to pick up now towards the endgame, maybe that was the problem with this season, so much dead wood and nobodies to work through to get to the interesting stuff, I still honestly could not name 4 of them...

No big move,underdogs are sleepwalking to an inevitable win for Dominick or Wendell.Laurel may well get her wish and go final three as opposed to Sea Bass but she's no chance of winning the game.Twas the opportune time to put her loyalty aside and vote against the three lads.

Combo win the RC and Wendell slips up at the IC.

Extra vote could come in handy for the Pirate.

Donathon went full scale AWOL.

Season finale next Wednesday!!

That extra vote means shots at Dom and Wendal could be taken next week. Feel like we've been saying that for the last few weeks. If Laurel somehow manages to get to the final 2 and Dom and Wendal aren't there beside her then she'll have worked a minor miracle.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That extra vote means shots at Dom and Wendal could be taken next week. Feel like we've been saying that for the last few weeks. If Laurel somehow manages to get to the final 2 and Dom and Wendal aren't there beside her then she'll have worked a minor miracle.

Might have worked out very well only for Angela's big mouth.

Nonetheless brilliant play by Dom at tribal,lulled Seabass into a failure to cast his second vote.Twas a pity Michael remark was out of earshot.

I thought it was cringeworthy of Wendell to play the HII for Laurel whom the two amigos had no intention of voting her out.How wrong I was!

I thought it was foolhardy of Dom to consider taking on Wendell in the fire making challenge but his opting to take Laurel to final tribal ultimately cost him in a way I'd never have considered.Angela was pathetic in that challenge.

An even number on the jury,I'd never realised this and thought Dom would beat Wendell by a single vote.

Seabass's friendship with Wendell swung a vital vote that I thought might go Dom's way with his brilliant move at final 6.

No brainer that the goat Laurel would vote for Wendell.

Reminded me of Cook Islands when two brilliant adversaries Yul the strategist and Ozzy the athlete went head to head except this season I think the athlete won the day.

My casting vote would have gone Dom's way,he played a brilliant game.

David and Goliath heads back to Fuji.

Boring season, not much else to say, a Survivor finale gets a grand total of one mention in this thread and the thread only makes it to 4 pages says it all really. The Ghost Island concept was broken from the start, did nobody in a production meeting think it was all a bit dull?

Agreed - possibly the least invested I've ever been in a Survivor season. There is a couple of people I wouldn't mind seeing again in a future season; Dom, Wendall, Donathan, and Michael, were all decent, but the rest of the cast and the Ghost Island theme didn't work for me.

Next season, David vs Goliath is a good concept, but only if they don't have a tribe swap every 6 days. Just keep the tribes the same until the Merge and see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dom should have won. Wendell getting 5 votes from the jury was sour grapes.

Dom saw it coming and didn't act on it. He knew some of them were going to vote for Wendell out of spite.

Ultimately, fear cost Dom the million. Fear of being the next Erik. He had it figured out already.....that he needed to go against Wendell in the fire making challenge. He knew he needed to do it but was afraid of losing and being called "dumb". He should have gone for it.

As for the season as a hole, next time do some more testing on your gimmick. Ghost island was flawed from the start and the amount of tinkering they did with it only hammered that point home.

Also, stop doing tribe swaps every 2 days ffs. It makes it hard for the audience to connect with the players. If a tribe is losing every challenge.....you ****ed up when selecting them. But just ride it to the end like Ulong. Or merge early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement