Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set @indigo.ie email account on Outlook

Options
  • 22-01-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi, My dads computer was recently updated and he needs to set up his @indigo.ie email address on Outlook.

I'm trying to do it but its not working. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's not working? What did you set? Is there an error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭tubbs26

Spear wrote: »
    See attached. I'm using these settings. Also I'm not sure I have the correct password.

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's pop.indigo.ie for incoming mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

tubbs26 wrote: »
    See attached. I'm using these settings. Also I'm not sure I have the correct password.

Thanks
    The outgoing server is also incorrect it will be who ever provides his internet e.g if he is with vodafone it would be mail.vodafone.ie. A quick google for the mail server settings used by his provider will get you the information you require.

Its a quirk of Outlook that you log onto the server where the mail is stored in this case Indigo, but when you are sending it out it goes via the servers of your internet provider.

That's not an Outlook thing, most ISPs will have their SMTP servers restricted to their own IP ranges to stop them being abused to relay mail from external sources.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. I entered the information above. Still no luck. I'm not sure the password is correct either.

See attached for details I'm entering. 

That should be sufficient to get access. You can test the password with something like www.mail2web.com to view the potential mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Thanks for the replies. I entered the information above. Still no luck. I'm not sure the password is correct either.

See attached for details I'm entering. 
    afaik both pop and smtp should be mail1.eircom.net
    smtp is only mail1.eircom.net if your broadband provider is eir

That should be sufficient to get access. You can test the password with something like www.mail2web.com to view the potential mail.
    Thanks that worked. Password is okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks that worked. Password is okay
    I'm glad to hear you've had your issue resolved.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement