Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on Woodbine Estate Booterstown

Options
  • 23-01-2018 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello - we're looking at buying a house in Woodbine Park, Booterstown, Dublin and would love some feedback on the type of estate this is. There seems to be a really broad mix of houses in the estate so it's hard to tell from looking.

Can anyone familiar with it shed some light on the area - are there good and bad sides to it in terms of crime or is it an established family estate of various incomes?

Are there gangs of youths congregating and drinking in the green late at night in the summer?

Are there a lot of rented student accommodation so lots of loud parties - given it's close proximity to UCD?

Any and all feedback is greatly welcomed!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I can only see one house for sale on Daft for Woodbine Park so I'm guessing it's that one. Bonus is that it's not on the Woodbine Road side so there's less through traffic. Most of the student accommodation is beside the dual carriageway in the old Montrose Hotel / Woodbine House. The semi-ds are likely to be out of the budget for students and there doesn't appear to be very many on the RTB register so I wouldn't worry about students next door.

To be honest it's likely to be a typical D4 estate but if you're planning to pay 1.1m for it, you might want to go do some investigation of your own.

Edit: Just found number 17 next door on the RTB register, however that may be a family living there rather than students.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

it wouldnt be my choice if location for 1.1m but thats purely based on the fact its not proximate to any village without driving realistically.

Its a settled estate in a nice part of dublin, probably as safe as any of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Really safe. It's D4 so you're going to get house break ins, but other than that there's virtually no crime. No gangs of youths, very safe to walk around late at night. Woodbine is a weird one as the houses aren't the most aesthetically pleasing looking (no offence to your new house, I haven't googled it) but the area is so sought after the prices are very high for houses that normally need a lot of work. But you're beside the sea, beside the Dart, easy commute into town, there's a lot of pluses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Yea I live locally, absolutely no antisocial behaviour that I've ever encountered. For peace of mind drive around it on a Saturday night, you're unlikely to see anything at all.

Advertisement