Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers turning negative?

Options
  • 23-01-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I myself am a lover of make up and beauty and I have every single blogger on snapchat! i love watching them and all there tips and tricks but at the minute they are depressing the life out of me. I think since this whole editing photos its really shown a negative side of them. How some of them reacted is just crazy in my eyes!.

Im not seeing as much make up anymore either which is quite annoying. Just ads or promos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrs.doubt.fire

Remind them, nicely, about the rules and to stick to the topic or they will be blocked. I'm a member of some online groups for a hobby and yes the conversations can run a bit wild and way off topic at times, but if they get out of hand like your followers are doing...they get the chop and are gone. They can come back but only by asking the owner of the group (in this case YOU) provided they ask you in private message or by email, it's up to you then if you want to let them back in but they are warned if they go way off topic again, they are out and never let back in. Kinda like...one strike and your out. Try that and see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Mod note: OP, you started a similar thread in F&A which was moved here- I deleted that one as there were no repsonses. However, our forum rules state that you must have 50 or more posts to post here. I'm going to leave this thread up since you did originally start a thread in F&A which has different rules.

Bit of an awkward sceanrio, I grant you!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Remind them, nicely, about the rules and to stick to the topic or they will be blocked. I'm a member of some online groups for a hobby and yes the conversations can run a bit wild and way off topic at times, but if they get out of hand like your followers are doing...they get the chop and are gone. They can come back but only by asking the owner of the group (in this case YOU) provided they ask you in private message or by email, it's up to you then if you want to let them back in but they are warned if they go way off topic again, they are out and never let back in. Kinda like...one strike and your out. Try that and see how it goes :)

I think she's talking about the actual bloggers themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrs.doubt.fire

@Emmser ....yes I agree, but she edited her post and took out a lot of it after I posted my reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

@Emmser ....yes I agree, but she edited her post and took out a lot of it after I posted my reply.

So a thread that mysteriously went from I'm a blogger and the comments are terrible to how bad life is for people following bloggers at the mo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Lol - what's going on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 N.B.4567

To be honest this is my first time using this so im still learning about all this and whats right and wrong.

I just find it a bit difficult to keep following when they stop doing make up and thats the whole reason i started following. And i put this out there just to see if anyone felt the same or had anyone worth watching.

I love watching them and learning and trying out dupes and stuff but just feels like its lost that and its all about the fancy things now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 N.B.4567

Did any bloggers ever actually show make up though? Stephanie Mc is the only make up artist worth watching IMO

I think shapes and shadows is good she does tutorials on snapchat sometimes and she uses like high street make up.

Advertisement