Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reclaiming an old account

Options
  • 23-01-2018 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Opened a new account with BoI when I started UCC a little over 2 years ago. Ended up not needing it but kept it open since I anticipated using it in future. Unfortunately, enough time has passed now that I've either lost or forgotten important documentation and details (account number, PIN, card, etc.) and the correspondence I've held on to does not have much in the way of specific information.

Is it possible to recover this account, or would it be simpler to start a new one? If the former, how would I go about doing this considering I have so little information?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Opened a new account with BoI when I started UCC a little over 2 years ago. Ended up not needing it but kept it open since I anticipated using it in future. Unfortunately, enough time has passed now that I've either lost or forgotten important documentation and details (account number, PIN, card, etc.) and the correspondence I've held on to does not have much in the way of specific information.

Is it possible to recover this account, or would it be simpler to start a new one? If the former, how would I go about doing this considering I have so little information?

Thanks.
    Hi HarvestMoth, thanks for getting in touch.

If you drop into your nearest Bank of Ireland branch and bring along photo ID and proof of your address, an adviser will be able to check if your existing account is still active. 

It is also possible to apply for a new account online here

Thanks, Nicola 

Advertisement