Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Mulcair, Limerick, Spring Salmon anyone?

Options
  • 23-01-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Well well,

Great to see the Mulcair remaining "open" again this year, even if it is C & R and lots of strict rules need to be adhered by. I returned from Edinburgh (permanently) having been away for the past 3years and am itching to get out on the water come March 2018 already.

Going to try for a rare Springer on the Mulcair from mid March to end of April this year please God. Just wondering if anybody here has got one before? And if so where and when roughly? Any size, colour, fly of choice? Had 2 small grilse last year from it (my first salmon on the fly - delighted)

The cut seems to be the best bet, don't know if a Springer would be found in the long field of further downstream as it's primarily a grilse fishery that it is known for.

I see the terrible flooding it got recently with many important spawning grounds ruined, hoping some of the previous eggs can survive.

Regards,

Fred

Advertisement