Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut querying why I have "so many" refunds from Amazon

• 23-01-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭

Odd one, I purchased several things via Amazon Warehouse last year and about 7 were damaged or not as described so I returned them for a full/partial refund.

Revolut have now put my account on hold as a result (the refunds totalled about £50 I guess), but they won't say why the activity was flagged.

What do you reckon the reason is? Does a refund cause problems on their end, or cost them something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I'm due a refund of £120 to my Revolut card from Amazon, so I'm interested to see how this goes. I'll update the thread with my own progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

carrotcake wrote: »
    I'm due a refund of £120 to my Revolut card from Amazon, so I'm interested to see how this goes. I'll update the thread with my own progress.

It's not so much the refund value rather than the number of refunds.

I couldn't get a straight answer from them as to why this was a problem, nevertheless I just complied and forwarded them the 7 emails proving the refund came from Amazon :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Ok, bit of a difference then. My refund came through this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Money Laundering might be a reason. Maybe the amount of transactions exceeded their internal compliance department to review the account. These days those are getting very tight with anything that looks like a problem.

Advertisement