Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time need for inter-bank transfer

Options
  • 23-01-2018 3:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Am basically wondering how long it should take for a transfer from a Bank of Ireland account to reach an AIB account.

I'm with AIB and am expecting a substantial sum from a company who tell me they bank with Bank of Ireland. I have a letter from them that's dated last Thursday (January 18th) which says transfer has been made and to please let them know when money is received. However, I don't yet have the money in my own account.

Am reluctant to give any further details publicly but will do by private message if it helps.

Thanks in advance,
    C.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Duffryman wrote: »
    Hi there

Am basically wondering how long it should take for a transfer from a Bank of Ireland account to reach an AIB account.

I'm with AIB and am expecting a substantial sum from a company who tell me they bank with Bank of Ireland. I have a letter from them that's dated last Thursday (January 18th) which says transfer has been made and to please let them know when money is received. However, I don't yet have the money in my own account.

Am reluctant to give any further details publicly but will do by private message if it helps.

Thanks in advance,
    C.
    Hi Duffryman, thanks for getting in touch. 

Usually a domestic transfer made before 3.30pm will be with the beneficiary within one working day. You can see our time frames for 365 online transfers here.

Thanks, Nicola 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Hi Nicola

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have to say I'm a bit worried now. Seems either that they were telling porkies in a letter last Thursday saying the transfer was already made, or else the money has somehow gone astray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Duffryman wrote: »
    Hi Nicola

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have to say I'm a bit worried now. Seems either that they were telling porkies in a letter last Thursday saying the transfer was already made, or else the money has somehow gone astray?
    It can depend on how the company made the transfer, but if you want to ask them to get in touch with us and we can check to see what's happening with the transfer. 

Thanks, Nicola 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Might do that all right. Thanks again.

Advertisement