Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomePod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Got a dispatch email today with a delivery date of Tuesday (17th). Should be delivered by Parcel Wizard by Wednesday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Pete123456

DubDJ wrote: »
    Got a dispatch email today with a delivery date of Tuesday (17th). Should be delivered by Parcel Wizard by Wednesday :D

*high five* me too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Humph. When I log into my Apple orders page, it says the expected delivery date of my HomePod mini is between November 18 and 23rd, but there's been no movement on it yet. The benchmark is set on 'processing.'

Hoping it moves soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Looks like my Minis have arrived in the Parcel Motel depot in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

dave oc wrote: »
    Looks like my Minis have arrived in the Parcel Motel depot in Dublin!

Mine still saying delivery on the 17th, so I am remaining optimistic of delivery in locker tomorrow.... Yeah I know probably Thursday but I can't help myself!

• Advertisement

I clicked the Apple tracking this morning and it was showing as delivered by Royal Mail. No contact from Parcel Wizard yet but I'd imagine it's with them now. Last delivery from them was a day late so hoping this one is on time.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Mine still saying delivery on the 17th, so I am remaining optimistic of delivery in locker tomorrow.... Yeah I know probably Thursday but I can't help myself!

Yeah, me too. Stuck on processing, but still suggesting it COULD deliver to parcel motel tomorrow. This seems unlikely at this point.

I clicked the Apple tracking this morning and it was showing as delivered by Royal Mail. No contact from Parcel Wizard yet but I'd imagine it's with them now. Last delivery from them was a day late so hoping this one is on time.

Ah you are a step ahead of me. My tracking says "we've got it". So I would imagine it hasn't been delivered to PM yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mynextdevice

My HomePod mini was delivered to Parcel wizard this morning by Royal Mail so hopefully i will get it tomorrow.

Okay, I've been charged and the order page has moved this to 'preparing to ship' from 'processing.' Happy days.

Anyone know how long it takes for something to come from Parcel Motel up north to an address in the Republic?

• Advertisement

Okay, I've been charged and the order page has moved this to 'preparing to ship' from 'processing.' Happy days.

Anyone know how long it takes for something to come from Parcel Motel up north to an address in the Republic?

In my experience it varies. Sometimes if it arrives up north very early morning it could be in the locker that evening. Other days it could arrive and take 2 days to get to the locker.

Mine arrived to PM this morning and I expect I’ll get it at the locker tomorrow, it probably missed the morning shuttle to Dublin, but not sure how they work it for sure.

Just picked mine up from parcel motel :)

Just picked mine up from parcel motel :)

Congrats! Let us know how you get on with it.

Apple site is still saying arriving soon, Royal Mail says delivered on the 18th and PM have it sitting in the locker waiting for me to collect :) Can't wait to set it up.

Mine was delivered yesterday morning, but nothing from Parcel Motel yet... did everybody use the usual parcel motel address or anything else special?

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Mine was delivered yesterday morning, but nothing from Parcel Motel yet... did everybody use the usual parcel motel address or anything else special?

I just used the Parcel Motel address, but I did check the box indicating it was a business address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Pete123456 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. I usually hear mid-afternoon that it has arrived in Dublin.

Parcel Wizard is delivering mine today around 12pm. It’s with the delivery driver at the moment.

Yeah like maybe it’s delays with PM but I’m getting a bit worried it wasn’t delivered properly or Apple did their usual and messed up the address etc. Normally I get something the evening it’s delivered up north so if I don’t get a text by this evening I’ll have to follow up I guess

Mine has been shipped, to be delivered to PM tomorrow, so presumably I'll have it on Friday? So that's exciting.

For mine that delivered yesterday, I used the normal PM address details. Didn’t do anything special or tick business address etc.

Only thing I did was pay the extra few pounds for quicker delivery. Courier was Syncreon (or at least that was the tracking tool that showed updates). The delivery status was way behind, they were out for delivery early Monday morning and I got an email from PM on Monday evening @ 8pm that they arrived in the Dublin depot. At that stage the tracking page and apple store app still said out for delivery. And PM where a little slower than usual to my locker, they usually drop around midnight/1am but only delivered yesterday afternoon.

HomePod minis themselves are great, I got them for the bedrooms so for me they’re perfect as I don’t need the bigger one with booming bass. Have those downstairs in the living room and kitchen :) the minis are smaller than I expected but still have great sound. For the price they’re great and I’m already deep into HomeKit so I’m delighted with them.

• Advertisement

Just received it.

image.jpg

Setup is really simple, literally plug it in and put your iPhone beside it.

There was one small thing that I ran into relating to the fact it’s not available on Ireland. There was an option to turn on the personal requests/voice recognition part and it would only allow me to enable it if I switched Siri to English (UK) from the normal Irish Siri. I had the option of either leaving the personal request feature disabled or changing my iPhone to the UK Siri. Other than that setup was simple.

Downloading the 14.2 software update to it right now. Sound is impressive for such a small speaker. And it is a lot smaller than you would of thought originally. Closer to an echo dot but obviously taller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Doodah7 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I usually hear mid-afternoon that it has arrived in Dublin.

Mine has arrived at PM centre in Finglas. I will have it between midnight and 1am if everything goes as usual.

So both of mine arrived at the depot in Dublin a while ago too.

Apparently there are often delays with Royal Mail deliveries because royal mail mark it as delivered but then the parcels need to be sorted into cages etc before being loaded to go to Dublin so can add a day apparently. Although I would have assumed the same for all of the couriers but anyways!

Setup is really simple, literally plug it in and put your iPhone beside it.

There was one small thing that I ran into relating to the fact it’s not available on Ireland. There was an option to turn on the personal requests/voice recognition part and it would only allow me to enable it if I switched Siri to English (UK) from the normal Irish Siri. I had the option of either leaving the personal request feature disabled or changing my iPhone to the UK Siri. Other than that setup was simple.

Downloading the 14.2 software update to it right now. Sound is impressive for such a small speaker. And it is a lot smaller than you would of thought originally. Closer to an echo dot but obviously taller.

So did you need to just switch the Siri option or do you need to have a UK Apple ID?

As in - is British English enough to get it to work? If not that’s a bit frustrating cause it’s one of the more important factors for us

Siri language needs to be set to UK on your iPhone, but you can use the Irish accent on it and the HomePod. Not perfect but I find it ok until the HomePod is released here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭iniall

Siri language needs to be set to UK on your iPhone, but you can use the Irish accent on it and the HomePod. Not perfect but I find it ok until the HomePod is released here.

But you can also leave it at US, right? Or at least you can with the original HomePod...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup just can't have it set to English (Irish) as the language. The Siri Voice can be set to Irish but as to why you'd want the "Oirish Wilde Irish Thyme" accent constantly grating you with voice feedback is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭sean72

Just managed to get one on Littlewoods for €115. Surprised there was any availability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sean72 wrote: »
    Just managed to get one on Littlewoods for €115. Surprised there was any availability.

yeah i got 2 yesterday , their website is a joke though , you have to really search to not want credit haha

Advertisement