Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomePod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭sean72

peteeeed wrote: »
    yeah i got 2 yesterday , their website is a joke though , you have to really search to not want credit haha

Mine was pretty straight forward maybe because I had an old login. I think I bought some suitcases there a year or so ago. Let’s hope the iPod mini is of more use than those suitcases are to me now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

So for people who've used Parcel Motel before - this is my first time - help me understand what happens next. Apple is showing that my HomePod Mini was delivered successfully to Parcel Motel in Antrim at 8:30am this morning - but the Parcel Motel site is saying that I have no parcels waiting.

What SHOULD happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

So for people who've used Parcel Motel before - this is my first time - help me understand what happens next. Apple is showing that my HomePod Mini was delivered successfully to Parcel Motel in Antrim at 8:30am this morning - but the Parcel Motel site is saying that I have no parcels waiting.

What SHOULD happen?

It will be sent to Dublin (you’ll get an email when it’s scanned in Dublin) next and put on a van that will either a) deliver to you if you picked that option or b) be delivered to the locker pick up location you specified. You will get a text with instructions when it arrives at the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

What SHOULD happen?

I actually jumped the gun on my delivery. Turned out my wife had ordered something else and that was what PM had! Sigh!

So the way it worked for me turfthrower;

Apple site still saying arriving soon.
    Royal Mail said it delivered to PM on 18/11.
    Parcel Motel saying location Parcel Motel Depot. Checked in 18/11 14.40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

has anyone had any problems with Siri reecognizing tunein stations on homepod? Working fine up to last week, now it's impossible to get it to play TodayFM or Newstalk 106 at all.

• Advertisement

3DataModem wrote: »
    has anyone had any problems with Siri reecognizing tunein stations on homepod? Working fine up to last week, now it's impossible to get it to play TodayFM or Newstalk 106 at all.

Yeah, I find its ability to understand Irish accents is problematic. I often have to ask three or four times for RTE Radio One, trying different pronunciations of 'R' before it works. I think we say it differently to Americans or whoever they've trained Siri on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Yeah, I find its ability to understand Irish accents is problematic. I often have to ask three or four times for RTE Radio One, trying different pronunciations of 'R' before it works. I think we say it differently to Americans or whoever they've trained Siri on.

I’m trying at the moment and it’s telling me there is a problem with Apple Music?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sean72 wrote: »
    Mine was pretty straight forward maybe because I had an old login. I think I bought some suitcases there a year or so ago. Let’s hope the iPod mini is of more use than those suitcases are to me now lol.

Mine have shipped, hope yours has too

Pete123456 wrote: »
    So both of mine arrived at the depot in Dublin a while ago too.

Apparently there are often delays with Royal Mail deliveries because royal mail mark it as delivered but then the parcels need to be sorted into cages etc before being loaded to go to Dublin so can add a day apparently. Although I would have assumed the same for all of the couriers but anyways!

Did yours make it to the locker Pete? Mine still in transit unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Does the new mini support Spotify yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

OU812 wrote: »
    Does the new mini support Spotify yet?

The question should be, Does Spotify support the new Mini yet. The HomePod has been opened up to apps like Pandora as of now.

And they answer is nope, they have not added functionality yet to their app.

Mine arrived to my local parcel motel locker late last night, so I picked it up this morning. Listening to it now.

It's really good. Sound quality rocks. Surprisingly loud for such a small thing. Like everyone else has said, it's also surprisingly small - just a bit bigger than a tennis ball. Goes about 50 to 60 per cent as loud as a full HomePod and sounds, I'd say, about 60 to 70 per cent as good. That's a lot of sound quality for the price.

Ideal for a bedroom or kitchen. You're not going to be DJing a party with one, but for 90 per cent of most people's audio needs, this is a great device. Otherwise, it's got Siri on it, and works just like a big homePod. My main regret is not buying two of them. Looks like getting another one is going to take a long time - Apple showing delivery times into January now.

Mine arrived to my local parcel motel locker late last night, so I picked it up this morning. Listening to it now.

It's really good. Sound quality rocks. Surprisingly loud for such a small thing. Like everyone else has said, it's also surprisingly small - just a bit bigger than a tennis ball. Goes about 50 to 60 per cent as loud as a full HomePod and sounds, I'd say, about 60 to 70 per cent as good. That's a lot of sound quality for the price.

Ideal for a bedroom or kitchen. You're not going to be DJing a party with one, but for 90 per cent of most people's audio needs, this is a great device. Otherwise, it's got Siri on it, and works just like a big homePod. My main regret is not buying two of them. Looks like getting another one is going to take a long time - Apple showing delivery times into January now.

Littlewoods, i ordered 2 on weds and they shipped yesterday

peteeeed wrote: »
    Littlewoods, i ordered 2 on weds and they shipped yesterday

It's not showing up on the littlewoods website. Maybe they're sold out?

It's not showing up on the littlewoods website. Maybe they're sold out?

i just checked , out of stock for me too

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Did yours make it to the locker Pete? Mine still in transit unfortunately.

It did, I called parcel Motel and they said it often takes an extra day to be processed once Royal Mail mark as delivered. I found apples Delivery status is waaay behind - in fact they were delivered up north 3 days ago or more and I think it’s still pending on apples website. My advice is to give PM a shout if it’s marked as delivered more than 24 hours ago, but the PM number is not free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Giving delivery for new orders after January for me...:(

Parcel Motel are ruining my weekend..... come on!

Parcel Motel are ruining my weekend..... come on!

Mine arrived at 3 in the morning the day after it arrived in the depot... :o

Mine arrived at 3 in the morning the day after it arrived in the depot... :o

Mine arrived at the depot on the18th at 2pm. Still no sign.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived at the depot on the18th at 2pm. Still no sign.

That’s a bit unusual.. I would give them a buzz on Monday if I were you. Near in mind it’s a few cent a min... the last call I made I got through after 40mins :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

if anyone has this ordered with parcel wizard and due to arrive after 11 dec they would want to change the delivery address asap. parcel wizard are shutting and havent emailed everyone, i found that out via another thread here.

That’s a bit unusual.. I would give them a buzz on Monday if I were you. Near in mind it’s a few cent a min... the last call I made I got through after 40mins :(

25 mins in and still on hold! Fingers crossed it’s just a busy locker holding things up.

Another 24-48 hours apparently....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody having Wi-Fi issues with the new HomePod mini?

https://9to5mac.com/2020/11/23/homepod-mini-wifi-trouble/

I've been having issues since I got it, I just thought it was my own internet router and was going to post here to see if anybody had similar issues. Glad to know it's not just me, it's by far the worst experience I've ever had with an Apple product before. I even factory reset it to see if it helped, but it didn't. Happy it's just a bug though, hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

Just picked up a second homepod mini from Littlewoods. They're back in stock if anyone wants one.

Finally got mine last night and set it up.

First impressions, it's smaller than I thought it would be, but heavier too. Feels like a premium quality product. Set up was very simple. I took the advice given here and changed my Siri language settings to the UK so everything worked as it should. When it first played some music, wow! It packs a wallop for its size. I would be very tempted to buy a second and pair them for stereo after hearing it. I also really like the sling feature, handing audio from your phone to HomePod. I didn't read that it hands it back too, should you need to. Very good start and I hope to continue enjoying it and expanding into some HomeKit smart home products soon.

Finally got mine last night and set it up.

First impressions, it's smaller than I thought it would be, but heavier too. Feels like a premium quality product. Set up was very simple. I took the advice given here and changed my Siri language settings to the UK so everything worked as it should. When it first played some music, wow! It packs a wallop for its size. I would be very tempted to buy a second and pair them for stereo after hearing it. I also really like the sling feature, handing audio from your phone to HomePod. I didn't read that it hands it back too, should you need to. Very good start and I hope to continue enjoying it and expanding into some HomeKit smart home products soon.

I ordered one before the reviews were out, just to see what it was like, and immediately regretted not ordering two. HomePods of both sizes are impressive on their own, but the bigger ones are remarkable when paired. THey're more than the sum of their parts.

I'm looking forward to seeing what two HomePod minis sound like.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

On littlewoods for 115

Crazy prices on adverts

Waited all day for for that HomePod Mini to be delivered yesterday. Fastway's tracking said it went on the van at 8:30am yesterday morning. At 9pm last night I get a text to say it’s been delivered and signed for. Except it wasn't. The courier company isn’t open at night. Not great.

Lodged a complaint with Fastway this morning and with littlewoods. We'll see what happens. Hope whoever has my HomePod is enjoying it.

• Advertisement

Waited all day for for that HomePod Mini to be delivered yesterday. Fastway's tracking said it went on the van at 8:30am yesterday morning. At 9pm last night I get a text to say it’s been delivered and signed for. Except it wasn't. The courier company isn’t open at night. Not great.

Lodged a complaint with Fastway this morning and with littlewoods. We'll see what happens. Hope whoever has my HomePod is enjoying it.

That’s ****e, hopefully it’ll stop working for them soon and they have no luck for it. I can’t say I’ve ever had a good experience with fastway, but hopefully you get sorted soon.

We have two minis and I must say other then the volume levels being somewhat inconsistent (and by that I mean you can barely hear Siri at 50% but he’s shouting at you at 80%) we are really enjoying them. Even though the two of us sound very similar Siri knows the difference to be fair, and if he does have to ask then it works straight away after.

Advertisement