Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomePod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Does this mean they’ll be coming into stock soon?

Hopefully they do, unless it was a mistake in the first place. Apple never sold the HomePod range in Ireland, so not sure if this will prohibit stores from selling it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Pete123456

drogon. wrote: »
    Hopefully they do, unless it was a mistake in the first place. Apple never sold the HomePod range in Ireland, so not sure if this will prohibit stores from selling it here.

But it seems littlewoods are selling them here - unless they get around it by putting the sales through their UK operation maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

They can’t even be got in the UK it seems. Looked through a lot of websites and all sold out. Extortionate prices on EBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Would be nice to be able to pick one up in Argos allright but not holding my breath.

HomePod mini on Curry’s UK. Go!

• Advertisement

Got mine yesterday through parcel motel. 5 days in total. I’ll take that as a win considering the delivery dates given on the Apple website.

Why didn’t I get two though, that’s the real question.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

Littlewoods Ireland have them in stock

kaerobe wrote: »

What’s the chances of them going down in the January sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Ordered

What’s the chances of them going down in the January sales?

Incredibly slim. Maybe if some site such as Currys or Littlewoods are using TopCashBack, might get a few % back

• Advertisement

Incredibly slim. Maybe if some site such as Currys or Littlewoods are using TopCashBack, might get a few % back

Feck it I just bought another one on Littlewoods there. 115 free delivery.

As an aside, anyone looking for a Echo Dot 4th Gen? Unwanted Xmas gift.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Even tho they’re price gouging, I still want one for the kitchen.

Ordered!

eeloe wrote: »

Ordered!

Prob best solution now with Brexit and everywhere else not having them
    I love getting my Homepod to airplay to a bose speaker in the kitchen.

Lads.... gripes with Siri.... where is Whisper mode?? and I shouldn't need my iphone nearby to check the weather. If i ask the homepod something, I want the answer there and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

eeloe wrote: »

Ordered!

Hardly price gouging. They’re £99 from apple. They’re making a fiver extra and have stock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

OU812 wrote: »
    Hardly price gouging. They’re £99 from apple. They’re making a fiver extra and have stock.

Never even though their stock would be coming from
    The UK and it would be Sterling prices converted to €’s.

OU812 wrote: »

Yeah I found that price to be about right tbh. Def didn’t feel any way ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Bought 2 of the HomePods recently - they are great. Amazing sound quality. Wish they would sell them here though as looking to get 2 more and not looking forward to having to pay VAT and excise duty....

Bought 2 of the HomePods recently - they are great. Amazing sound quality. Wish they would sell them here though as looking to get 2 more and not looking forward to having to pay VAT and excise duty....

Littlewoods have the mini if that’s any good to you.

Littlewoods have the mini if that’s any good to you.

Thanks, but aiming for the HomePod as bit of an audiophile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I saw them in-store in Curry's just before New Year?

• Advertisement

Doodah7 wrote: »
    I saw them in-store in Curry's just before New Year?

The full size HomePod or the mini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭iniall

Thanks, but aiming for the HomePod as bit of an audiophile.

Will Apple UK deliver to Ireland, I wonder? I got my (full-size) HomePod in the Apple Store in Belfast back in 2018, before the dark times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iniall wrote: »
    Will Apple UK deliver to Ireland, I wonder? I got my (full-size) HomePod in the Apple Store in Belfast back in 2018, before the dark times.

Nope*

* well it requires you using a parcel forwarding service and you'll be hit by customs.

iniall wrote: »

I bought mine a few weeks ago and used Parcel Motel for the first one and Address Pal for the second one. I’ll be hit with VAT and excise if I buy more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I bought mine a few weeks ago and used Parcel Motel for the first one and Address Pal for the second one. I’ll be hit with VAT and excise if I buy more!

Also parcel motel are no longer operating their NI address

At risk of derailing the thread here but how much are we talking when VAT is added from a UK delivery? Interested in buying a full size one, have two minis at the moment.

Fecking Brexit.

At risk of derailing the thread here but how much are we talking when VAT is added from a UK delivery? Interested in buying a full size one, have two minis at the moment.

Fecking Brexit.

Irish VAT plus excise duty too.

The full size HomePod or the mini?

Full monty in both colours. This was in Naas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Full monty in both colours. This was in Naas.

Interesting. The full-size HomePod is listed on currys.ie, albeit out of stock.

• Advertisement

Zhane wrote: »
    Interesting. The full-size HomePod is listed on currys.ie, albeit out of stock.

Now I have no idea if they actually had any in stock as I did comment to myself that the store did look as if it hadn’t been restocked in MONTHS. However both colours of Homepod were on display. They look lovely in the flesh and I assume they sound equally lovely!

Advertisement