Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomePod

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Is it going to improve with the Irish release in June? That’s the question. Because at the moment it’s not good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Will it be from 1st June I wonder? Wish they’d include the original Homepod too while the stock is being run down.

To be honest, from someone who has both, 2 pair of mini's in a room is just as good as a single OG homepod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Was hoping to order a new HomePod this morning but they’re still not available, bet it’s after WWDC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

can confirm this is working for me in apple music

Users running iOS 14.6 that have Lossless enabled can AirPlay this audio quality from the iPhone to the HomePod. Here are the steps:

Make sure the song/album is available in Lossless and it’s downloaded in the right version;
    Click on the AirPlay button on the iPhone, then select your HomePod;
    The icon must appear as “iPhone -> HomePod;” if it’s that way, you will see a little “lossless” icon above the Play/Pause button.
    If it only appears “HomePod” in the AirPlay, it won’t stream in Lossless audio quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

looks like getting radio stations back on homepods has been resolved !!! after months of doing vocal merry dances to get irish stations it seems to work properly now.

'Hey Siri, play Radio Newstalk' .... its the little things !

On the lossless audio - as anyone come up with a way of easily finding what tracks can be deleted and replaced with Losless etc ... rather than having to manually go through tracks etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The HomePod mini is available to buy in the Irish Apple store this morning. Just ordered one in white with estimated delivery for this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Hi All, I have the original HomePod and it’s been great for sound when playing music but fairly useless for playing radio stations etc due to Siri being so poor. Just wondering if this will be improved now that the small HomePod is available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

whippet wrote: »
    looks like getting radio stations back on homepods has been resolved !!! after months of doing vocal merry dances to get irish stations it seems to work properly now.

'Hey Siri, play Radio Newstalk' .... its the little things !

On the lossless audio - as anyone come up with a way of easily finding what tracks can be deleted and replaced with Losless etc ... rather than having to manually go through tracks etc ?

Hi, did you set something up to get it play newstalk? Mine only works the odd time and it’s quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

My HomePod minis went through a dodgy period for getting Siri to play Irish radio stations, but in the last week to ten days, it's been perfect. "Hey Siri, play RTÉ Radio 1 FM" works every time. I assumed it was because they'd finished their localisation efforts ahead on the mini's launch here... (Haven't tried it on my original HomePod, mind you)

Mini launched today

• Advertisement

iniall wrote: »
    My HomePod minis went through a dodgy period for getting Siri to play Irish radio stations, but in the last week to ten days, it's been perfect. "Hey Siri, play RTÉ Radio 1 FM" works every time. I assumed it was because they'd finished their localisation efforts ahead on the mini's launch here... (Haven't tried it on my original HomePod, mind you)

mine have been fine over the last few days - originals and minis!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Strange one this morning- asked the HomePod to play “Today FM” it plays BBC 2 Radio! The logo is Today FM though when checking on my iPhone what the HomePod is playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Good, it's not just me. I had the exact same problem. Trying to play Today FM and all I get is BBC radio, but with the Today FM logo. It seems to be an issue with Tunein through Apple Music. I've tried it on my iPad and same problem. Alexa still plays Today FM when asked though.

Casher wrote: »
    Good, it's not just me. I had the exact same problem. Trying to play Today FM and all I get is BBC radio, but with the Today FM logo. It seems to be an issue with Tunein through Apple Music. I've tried it on my iPad and same problem. Alexa still plays Today FM when asked though.

It was fine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

I only got my HomePod mini yesterday so thought I was doing something wrong:rolleyes: hopefully it will fix itself as easily as it broke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Not just the HomePod. iPhone and Mac apps are playing BBC even though it’s showing Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Still working fine today for RTÉ Radio - must be a TuneIn and/or TodayFM issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

iniall wrote: »
    Still working fine today for RTÉ Radio - must be a TuneIn and/or TodayFM issue?

South East Radio(Wexford) also plays the bbc station when playing through tune in in Apple Music

Just ordered my third mini :)

Still not working- getting BBC Radio 2 instead of Today FM!

• Advertisement

Newstalk is the same .. playing some random music station

Today FM is back working.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Any big HomePod users out there finding the same issue as me - stereo pairing just doesn't hold.

I never know when I try to play something if it's gonna come out of one or two speakers. I seem to end up resetting them and re-pairing them with each other at least two or three times a week.

I have two minis as well, and this seems to happen with them too, but maybe not as often. Or it's possible I just use the bigger ones more often and don't notice as a result.

I've heard some speculation this kind of issue could be because the HomePods are connecting to different wifi bandwidths - anyone know how to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Any big HomePod users out there finding the same issue as me - stereo pairing just doesn't hold.

I never know when I try to play something if it's gonna come out of one or two speakers. I seem to end up resetting them and re-pairing them with each other at least two or three times a week.

I have two minis as well, and this seems to happen with them too, but maybe not as often. Or it's possible I just use the bigger ones more often and don't notice as a result.

I've heard some speculation this kind of issue could be because the HomePods are connecting to different wifi bandwidths - anyone know how to check?

I didn’t do a stereo pair I just set them up individually and then join them up through airplay. They stay coupled most of the time actually. Works pretty well.

Can adjust the volume of them individually as well. Not sure that’s possible with a stereo pair.

Has anyone successfully got Dublin’s 98FM and FM104 working via. Siri on the HomePod? If so what way did you ask it to play each station?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

How are people finding them? Have a google mini but I’m tempted by the mini home pod. Is it worth it to change

Use mine all the time. Have a mini in the kitchen, by the bed & on my desk. Listen to a lot of podcasts while I work so I Like the integration. Also have two of the large ones which admittedly get very little use. Am considering selling them but am holding out until after the September event to see if they announce an updated model or some sort of software development to provide true atmos surround sound (the current one is no comparison for a dedicated system).

Anyone else noticing a reduction in both volume and sound quality on the original HomePod since OS 15.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

cant say that I have but I really wish it was possible to disable the need to confirm any volume over 90% - it’s not “very loud” 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i'm on the homepod 15.1 beta and the first version of that was unstable but beta 2 is loseless and very stable

Advertisement