Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill run training in Dublin city

• 23-01-2018 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am currently in a marathon training plan,and soon enough I will be starting hill training as part of this plan. Te plan calls for 'a moderately-sloped hill that takes about 3 or 4 minutes to run up'.

I live and work in Dublin City Centre, and am struggling to find any route that offers a hill. I never realised how flat this place is! Does anyone know anywhere central that would do the trick? It doesn't need to be a big hill.

I assume this comes up on plans occasionally so hopefully this thread will be helpful for people seeking a similar area in future.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Kyber Road in Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Probably a bit far out for you but the road up to Howth Head is perfect too

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Duanington wrote:
    Probably a bit far out for you but the road up to Howth Head is perfect too

Second that, especially from the village end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

What about Dame Street? Also a couple of inclines around Meath Street or from the Quays up to Christchurch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭The Davestator

RayCun wrote: »
    Kyber Road in Phoenix Park

Agree with this - Dublin Bike to the park and do your hills.

Other hills in the city are too full of people unless you can run at quiet times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

What about Dame Street? Also a couple of inclines around Meath Street or from the Quays up to Christchurch?

The quays up to Christchurch is probably perfect actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Clonskeagh and Roebuck!

Advertisement