Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB plug head for iPad charger- where to buy?

Options
  • 23-01-2018 6:03pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi here,

I’m looking to buy two USB wall plug charger heads for iPad charger cables that I already own. I’ve looked at PC worlds website but I can’t see exactly what I’m looking for. I did buy a replacement plug head about a year ago which was good value -or so I thought at the time - but the plug casing started to come apart a week ago and I got a nasty electric shock from it! :( So into the bin it went.

Do any of you on here know of a shop in Dublin - preferably Dublin 7 or Dublin 15, where I can buy an inexpensive USB plug head?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

I'm guessing it's a "usb to lightning cable" ?

Power city have various ones for around €15.
    Argos have some, more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rgodard80a wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a "usb to lightning cable" ?

He already has two of the cables, he's looking for the plug with a USB socket.

OP, do you have any Android phone or tablet chargers? They usually attach the charger cable via a USB connector and should do the job if you swap the cable. They're all 5V DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Ah sorry... got it.

I like the Ikea 3 port USB chargers for €9 ( Koppla )
    They support up to 2.5Amps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Anyone has experience with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone has experience with these?

I think they're stupid, others disagree.

Wall warts have gone from 500mA to 1A to 2.4A to 4.5A in a few years, how often do you change your face plates? Some things are infrastructure, others aren't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement