Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security Gearbest Question

Options
  • 23-01-2018 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm hoping for some guidance on my current consideration:-

there has been an uptick in crime in my area (break-ins car-theft) -I'm looking to up my home security somewhat.

My current train of thought is to get a wifi enabled doorbell (like the Ring system) and possibly some sort of cctv system.

Separately we're upgrading locks etc on the house and have an alarm.

Any advice or recommendations on the Gearbest front?

Thanks for any practical advice provided.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

A lot of the newer IP cameras like Ring, etc. get discussed a lot over on the Home Automation forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1777

I've Logitech Circle cameras which I quiet like for my needs. Others over their have a variety of other IP cameras, Nest, Arlo, Blink, Ring, etc. There are pros and cons to them all.

Then their are the more traditional CCTV systems, which have pros and cons.

Upgrading locks is also a really good idea, often overlooked unfortunately, as are other physical security steps. Sounds like you already have the alarm system covered.

Advertisement