Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hampton Gracepark

Options
  • 23-01-2018 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Hampton the new development on Gracepark Road. Drive past it daily and it looks lovely. A friend abroad has asked me to keep an eye out and this looks like their kind of place. The website isn't the most informative however

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Really Nice houses.
    I’ve been in them all. Only about 10 under construction if I recall correctly.

Some nice features also. The site as a whole will contain a mix of houses and apartments and conversions of existing protected structures on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

They are nice big houses. "From 845k" will likely cool a lot of interest in them though

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

dubrov wrote: »
    They are nice big houses. "From 845k" will likely cool a lot of interest in them though

Likely cool? You think they will go for less? Or did you mean cook....local today told me that "he heard" the asking was now over 900?

Anyway found the DCC plans and the site does look lovely. Might email an enquiry to GQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

New builds generally go for the asking price these days.

They're very expensive but obviously very big!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aranidirlíon

EA confirmed they are starting from €895k. They are actually cheaper per square metre than Grace Park Wood (c €400 per square metre cheaper).

• Advertisement

Not sure if being fobbed off by EA but he said no one allowed on site for new few weeks. Not sure if public launch then and just couldn't be bothered with pre launch viewings or if actually true.

polydactyl wrote: »
    Not sure if being fobbed off by EA but he said no one allowed on site for new few weeks. Not sure if public launch then and just couldn't be bothered with pre launch viewings or if actually true.

A few are sold. Only the first few houses are accessible to people (paths and roads) but none have completion certificates yet so still classes as construction sites.

Developer probably doesn’t want the insurance risk of opening show houses while still technically a site. I’d expect that to change in the coming weeks though as he progresses further into the site in the other blocks of houses.

Currently 24 are under construction.

kceire wrote: »
    A few are sold. Only the first few houses are accessible to people (paths and roads) but none have completion certificates yet so still classes as construction sites.

Developer probably doesn’t want the insurance risk of opening show houses while still technically a site. I’d expect that to change in the coming weeks though as he progresses further into the site in the other blocks of houses.

Currently 24 are under construction.

The first phase comprises 21 houses, and 10 of them were sale agreed as of 2 weeks ago.

The first phase comprises 21 houses

24 actually ;)
    The EA is probably not telling you about the 3 houses in the existing protected structure currently under construction.

and 10 of them were sale agreed as of 2 weeks ago.

Yes, but no completions or hand overs as of yet. May have one hand over next week ;)

kceire wrote: »
    24 actually ;)
    The EA is probably not telling you about the 3 houses in the existing protected structure currently under construction.

Yes, but no completions or hand overs as of yet. May have one hand over next week ;)

Thanks for clarifying! :D

• Advertisement

But my question is those 10 ppl obv got onsite into the show house (14 in fact viewed according to the EA) so what has changed now to stop the viewings?

But my question is those 10 ppl obv got onsite into the show house (14 in fact viewed according to the EA) so what has changed now to stop the viewings?

Possibly all sold.
    Carpets and flooring and personal options being fitted so I assume that individual owners have been in and selected options.

The remainder of the units are only at timber frame stage so possibly the developer is waiting before allowing people in to them.

Possibly but I doubt it. EA told me only last week that 10 were sold and some of those were by yet built so sounds like that hasn't been an issue to date. Sure will just have to wait so.

Possibly but I doubt it. EA told me only last week that 10 were sold and some of those were by yet built so sounds like that hasn't been an issue to date. Sure will just have to wait so.

My dealings are with the builder directly so I’ve no idea how the EA is handling the sales end of things unfortunately. But if you are having difficulty in getting info from the EA, go directly to the developer and express your interest / concerns.

Good point! Might just do that. You have been very helpful!

Actually prob no point, apparently EA is developers brother....shall just bide my time

Saw them today and you were right, fabulous houses and estate seems too class design wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

I see they have knocked a portion of the wall out onto Grace Park road above this development. Is the development expanding above the church buildings to here? or is there something else in the works for this site? it looks a large empty field behind the knocked wall.

The site will contain 54 houses, 39 apartments and a 69-bed nursing home. The nursing home will be beside the new entrance based on what I remember from the planning documents.

thanks. Going to be some traffic on gracepark road when this is done haha

• Advertisement

Between this and the hundred or so houses being built in the Grace Park Wood development it’s going to be crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pmagkav

Anybody know how many of these properties are going to be allocated to the social housing quota? Shouldn't it be like 10% of the total built units?

pmagkav wrote: »
    Anybody know how many of these properties are going to be allocated to the social housing quota? Shouldn't it be like 10% of the total built units?

Yes, 10% is the official social housing allocation to be sold to DCC

be nice to get one of these houses for free :)

beaz2018 wrote: »
    be nice to get one of these houses for free :)

Not free.
    You'll pay rent on it. The grass is not always greener.

I’d say they’ll provision apartments for affordable housing rather than the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pmagkav

I'm pretty sure in mixed dwelling developments it has to be split. So there is bound to be a house or two allocated for social housing. Wouldn't want to pay that sort of money to have somebody getting seriously subsidised rent living beside me.

There will also be town houses in the development so I think the plans are apt and a town house or two will be the social housing as the council “apparently” don’t want the 5 beds.

Advertisement