Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro lifers door to door

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Go read the British act and see the levels of restrictions for procedures before 12 weeks, just saying it's fake news gets thanks here but it's not really an argument

Doran is the catholic church's attack dog du jour. I reckon he is keen to make cardinal so is willing to come out with any old nonsense to achieve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'm actually thinking of changing my approach for this one. Knuckle dragging mouthbreathers will be kept at the doorstep, or better still invited inside, for as long as possible, whilst I feign being morally torn asunder by doubts on my long held stance of repealing, in the hopes that they will spend time and energy converting me.

I feel it's my civic duty to protect the general public from these oppressors as much as I can, and the longer they spend "converting" me the less time they have to corrupt others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

This thread is about people's dealing with Pro-life campaigners going from door to door and generally discussion belongs in the other thread.

This has been brought up before in feedback re Permabear approx 2 months ago more pro-life threads get merged with the main thread why not do it with this one, like it will only be general discussion anyway or completely one sided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kenmc wrote: »
    I'm actually thinking of changing my approach for this one. Knuckle dragging mouthbreathers will be kept at the doorstep, or better still invited inside, for as long as possible, whilst I feign being morally torn asunder by doubts on my long held stance of repealing, in the hopes that they will spend time and energy converting me.

I feel it's my civic duty to protect the general public from these oppressors as much as I can, and the longer they spend "converting" me the less time they have to corrupt others

You have a brave and noble soul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

splinter65 wrote: »
    Ah evil twin, your not even close.
    I’ve always had good time for you.

**** You’re not your.

Please sort that much out if you want to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

david75 wrote: »
    **** You’re not your.

Please sort that much out if you want to be taken seriously.

Does it surprise you to know that hoping to be taken seriously by someone who has had a red card in this thread already is not high on my list of goals at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

This has been brought up before in feedback re Permabear approx 2 months ago more pro-life threads get merged with the main thread why not do it with this one, like it will only be general discussion anyway or completely one sided

I think this is too narrow a topic to keep going anyway and it has run its course. We've only got a few long months of this referendum campaign to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think this is too narrow a topic to keep going anyway and it has run its course. We've only got a few long months of this referendum campaign to go...

Agreed, one thread is plenty. No need for multiple ones.

Does it surprise you to know that hoping to be taken seriously by someone who has had a red card in this thread already is not high on my list of goals at the moment?

Teacher!! Teacher!! That boy said something I don’t like!!

Grrrrrooooooowwwww uuupppp

*and at least try basic grammar and punctuation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Perhaps you shouldn't make stuff up and call it an argument.

Maybe I have picked you up wrong and if so apologies, but if somebody told you they were pro-life/anti-choice would you be able to chat with them about it and still be friends and think of them exactly the same way or would you view them more negatively as a person because of this.

I'm going to most likely be voting for Repeal but I'm conscious on here that any hesitancy or questioning of arguments relating to the pro-life side is taken as being similar to wanting to send pregnant women back to the laundreys, in real life this could have an actual impact (and this is why I tend to always mention at least once per thread that I am in favour of the german system to this issue as IMO it provides a balanced alternative to Irelands previous laws and the British system)

Teacher!! Teacher!! That boy said something I don’t like!!

Grrrrrooooooowwwww uuupppp

*and at least try basic grammar and punctuation

I’m imagining you sitting at your laptop typing all those rs and ws whilst enunciating “grow up” out loud to yourself.
    In the background you’re mams shouting up the stairs “5 more minutes and I’m turning off the WiFi David!”.
    Good night David. Sleep tight.

Laughable response. Can’t uou do better?

No fan of Leo but his statement announcing the referendum was something else.

Where will the faithful stick their faith into once the 8th has been repealed I wonder.

Where will the faithful stick their faith into once the 8th has been repealed I wonder.

David mam said lights out an hour ago.
    Now you can’t spell “you”.
    And you know how “upset” you get about spelling and punctuation ....

David mam said lights out an hour ago.
    Now you can’t spell “you”.
    And you know how “upset” you get about spelling and punctuation ....

Way to miss the joke.
    Like everything else that goes over your head and your limited grasp on what this referendum is actually about :)

Way to miss the joke.
    Like everything else that goes over your head and your limited grasp on what this referendum is actually about :)

No joke David. It’s just not funny.

• Advertisement

No joke David. It’s just not funny.

Funny is a point of view.
    Allowing an extremist element of any religion impose its will on women or anyone is not funny.

Thankfully we will soon be rid of it. Next up shaking off the dead redundant catholic our school And our children’s minds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD RDM_83 again & splinter65: Do not post in this thread again.

General point to others, if you want to discuss moderation in after hours then please PM the mod team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

eviltwin wrote: »
    You were <snip> before you got banned for trolling, you're back at it again

Mod: No more of this nonsense. If you think a poster is a rereg, report the post and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

People can be pro-life and pro-choice and they should stop trying to portray the pro-choicers as being pro-abortion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD david75: Don't post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement