Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman shop v online price ?

Options
  • 23-01-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I needed a USB C cable today, saw that Harvey Norman had one online.
    Popped into the Cork store to get cable. I showed an assistant from my phone the product code (on their Irish Website) of the cable I required.
    When I went to get it from the shelf the instore Price was €24.99, for a USB C CABLE!!! ����
    The online price was €14.90!!!
    They gave it to me for the online price but only because I was very lucky to show the assistant the product details & price online so they could find it instore.

Saw subsequently that CPC have them available for less than €3
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/lms-data/c-usb-t-c-blk/usb-c-data-charge-cable-1m-black/dp/TE08008?st=usb%20c

How can they justify €24.99 for a run of the mill cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're buying any kind of cable with a recognised brand name, it will have a premium price. 'Energizer' is or used to be the brand used by Ever Ready for their alkaline batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you seem to have paid the "I really need something today and cant wait for it to be delivered" surcharge. You are also comparing a branded product against an unbranded.

ETA: CPC are wholesalers not retailers. they probably wouldn't sell to you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Framed10 wrote: »
    How can they justify €24.99 for a run of the mill cable?

Same way they justify charging €14.90 online: because enough people will pay it.

Advertisement