Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help....advice

Options
  • 23-01-2018 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭

Sister has a square CFL. It was flickering so she changed the bulb. Still flickering. Sounded like to me that the starter was going. Had a look and don't see a starter. Anyone any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

It's a 2D lamp. There are 4-pin and 2-pin variants. The 2-pin lamps incorporate the starter within the lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭893bet

So it's a four pin I think so the starter is not integrated?

Where is it so? I can't see any starter

4 pin

Does the overall lamp holder need to be changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its probably the electronic ballast that is gone bad. There is no plug in starter to replace, its all electronic.

• Advertisement

So replace image 2 in my opening post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea although not sure how economical that would be compared to a new fitting. Maybe the electronic ballasts are cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Swap it out for a 14W LED. Will most likely fit in the old casing. The lux level is excellent from them

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Swap it out for a 14W LED. Will most likely fit in the old casing. The lux level is excellent from them

Can you link to an example online for demonstrative purposes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

893bet wrote: »
    Can you link to an example online for demonstrative purposes?

No sorry it’s very straight forward tho. Go and ask for a “2D LED” fitting, the 28watt is generally replaced by a 14watt

• Advertisement
Advertisement