Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a Picture and name the mountain

• 23-01-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Name the mountain:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Fascinating - it almost looks like Mt St Helens but the countryside has an irish/british feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

dogmatix wrote: »
    Fascinating - it almost looks like Mt St Helens but the countryside has an irish/british feel about it.

It's in Connaught!

It's a great picture. The whole mountain looks like a perfect example of a volcano - I assume the summit feature is a corrie. Put us out of our misery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Nephin in Mayo! Unusual angle, had to go to Google images to make sure of it ha! Only been up it once, race up and down it, one of the hardest races I've ever done, open mountain with no real trails up, but plenty of crevices etc to try swallow you up!

Does it have to be yourown image for the next one ha?

Nephew indeed. Well done. To get that view you have to come from crossmolina going out the lahardane or rakestreet road. Correct me if I'm wrong buts it the highest standalone mountain in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Nephin in Mayo! Unusual angle, had to go to Google images to make sure of it ha! Only been up it once, race up and down it, one of the hardest races I've ever done, open mountain with no real trails up, but plenty of crevices etc to try swallow you up!

Does it have to be yourown image for the next one ha?
    No. It does not but if you have your own better still.

Not an Irish peak but a North American one - pic dates from 2013. A fairly well known mountain in that part of the world.

Mountain.JPG

Advertisement