Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34g 5/6’s in fiberwad

Options
  • 23-01-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Anybody know any RFD’s stocking the above, Wicklow or Dublin,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Courtlough have plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I got a slab of cheddite 34g 6's in Courtlough (may have been 32g, can't remember), I was quite impressed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

McCarthy's of Prosperous have loads.
    Although McCarthy's Gamebore Black Gold are 35g I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bruman

ronn wrote: »
    Anybody know any RFD’s stocking the above, Wicklow or Dublin,
    Thanks
    Kendall Monson (Dave Cooney) in Dun Laoghaire have Baschieri & Pellagi Fibre Wad in No 4's (33g) and No 6's (33g). Both are €104 per slab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

bruman wrote: »
    Kendall Monson (Dave Cooney) in Dun Laoghaire have Baschieri & Pellagi Fibre Wad in No 4's (33g) and No 6's (33g). Both are €104 per slab

Never heard of him, where’s he located, is it a shop or online,
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 bruman

i'll pm you Daves number.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

why fiber wad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

allan450 wrote: »
    why fiber wad

I’m going to a driven shoot, the cattle eat the plastic wads and they’d build up in the fields the fiber disintegrates,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

It drives me nuts that you must use fiber wads, I shoot biodegradable plastic wads and cannot see what the issue with them would be?
    Net wrap and baler twine are often found in cattle stomachs, nobody shouting about not using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

grassroot1 wrote: »
    It drives me nuts that you must use fiber wads, I shoot biodegradable plastic wads and cannot see what the issue with them would be?
    Net wrap and baler twine are often found in cattle stomachs, nobody shouting about not using them.

Biodegradable plastic wads decay when exposed to sunlight but it takes a long time and is not safe over grazing land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I supposed its the perceived risk rather than actual risk. I suppose on a driven shoot there would be rather more on the ground than from rough shooting.

Advertisement