Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ursula K Le Guin RIP

Options
  • 24-01-2018 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

A true giant of S/F and fantasy and one of the 20th century's finest novelists in any genre.

GUARDIAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gallifreya

Such an IMPORTANT author. A thought provoking and intelligent writer whose talent surpassed genres. Such an elegant, creative and powerful voice. Wish she had won the Nobel. RIP Ursula. One of my favourite authors - Earthsea will always be the gold standard for me. - but what a f*ckin legacy x

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Terrible news. The Hainish cycle in particular was brilliant.

Apparently she and Philip K. Dick were in the same year in the same high school, but didn't know one another and never met after graduating.

She would have been a great candidate for a Nobel, but she had the snobbery against science fiction as a genre against her and also they've a really abysmal record in giving the award to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

T
    Apparently she and Philip K. Dick were in the same year in the same high school, but didn't know one another and never met after graduating.

I read that PKD and her fell out over one PKDs later stories which Ursula felt was anti-woman.
    RIP Ursula

Advertisement