Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth headphones - pairing with watch and phone, conflicting?

• 24-01-2018 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

I've a set of Mpow bluetooth headphones which I've used without problem in conjunction with my Android phone. Recently I bought a huawei watch 2 which I'd like to also pair with the headphones.

When I try this the headphones appear to connect with one or the other but not both. Is it possible to connect the headphones to both devices (assuming I'll only use one of the devices at a time).

Or failing that, is there a nice way to swap between which device the headphones pair with? At the moment I've to go in and turn off bluetooth on my phone if I want them to pair with the watch. If I do that though then my watch cant connect to my phone (watch connects to phone using bluetooth).

While this may seem complicated, it surely is a fairly common set up for anyone with a smart watch and bluetooth headphones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The headphones themselves need to support multipoint pairing in order for this to work. It's a relatively old feature, but still something you only find on slightly more expensive headphones because there's not a massive demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

seamus wrote: »
    The headphones themselves need to support multipoint pairing in order for this to work. It's a relatively old feature, but still something you only find on slightly more expensive headphones because there's not a massive demand for it.

Thanks, these are a cheap (20 euro) pair of headphones and are a year or two old so probably don't support it. Thanks, I'll investigate a new set which hopefully won't break the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Some phones allow you to connect your phone to 2 Bluetooth devices at a time, my LG G5 used to do this.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Some phones allow you to connect your phone to 2 Bluetooth devices at a time, my LG G5 used to do this.

I think my phone can connect to two devices at the same time but the headphones can't, they seem to connect to either my phone or the watch but not both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Sorry but why do you want to connect the watch to the headphones?

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Sorry but why do you want to connect the watch to the headphones?

The main reason for buying the watch was the ability to leave the phone at home when running. So I store some podcasts on it and use it for running without the need to bring my phone (and HRM) with me.

However, as I also occasionally use the headphones with my phone directly (taking calls, larger storage for audiobooks) I also connect to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

I have Mpow Swift (~€ 16,24 when bought a year ago).

They had the feature of been able to have two devices connected at the same time, but they no longer work that way. When i connect two devices, usually the earbuds switch themselves off. It may be my devices (phone and tablet) causing conflicts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, this wont work. You'd need to repair each time.

Buy a second set of headphones for your runs.

Advertisement