Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Issues with Eir

Options
  • 24-01-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, i am a former Meteor customer and was moved to Eir last year. I traveled out of Ireland and unfortunately had some issues with Debit Card due to which three months bill was not debited out of my account. Recently, i came back and had my number cancelled and Eir sent me a 400 Euro bill for paying the remaining duration of contract. 

I didn't had any issues paying the said amount and therefore called Eir to look into this issue and reinstating my number. However, i was informed that even i pay the whole amount, i still won't get the number back or the services associated with that. This made me really annoyed as i would be paying for the services which i would never get.

Keeping this in view, how to tackle this issue? If i decide not to settle this amount, what are the worst scenarios in this case ... I am non-EU/Irish, and would like to know if i be getting blacklisted? Which government organization keeps a record of this? and are there repercussions on my current or future Visas due to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi, i am a former Meteor customer and was moved to Eir last year. I traveled out of Ireland and unfortunately had some issues with Debit Card due to which three months bill was not debited out of my account. Recently, i came back and had my number cancelled and Eir sent me a 400 Euro bill for paying the remaining duration of contract.

I didn't had any issues paying the said amount and therefore called Eir to look into this issue and reinstating my number. However, i was informed that even i pay the whole amount, i still won't get the number back or the services associated with that. This made me really annoyed as i would be paying for the services which i would never get.

Keeping this in view, how to tackle this issue? If i decide not to settle this amount, what are the worst scenarios in this case ... I am non-EU/Irish, and would like to know if i be getting blacklisted? Which government organization keeps a record of this? and are there repercussions on my current or future Visas due to this?
    Hi there engadnan1985

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. I'm so sorry to hear about your number & account. When an account is not paid, you will receive notification messages, calls & letters. If this is not responded to, the account will be cancelled & a final bill will be sent out. If this is not paid within the time-frame, it will be sent onto a 3rd party debt collecting agency who will contact you directly regarding this.

- If your balance was sent onto a 3rd party, you need to deal with them directly.
    - If your balance is still with eir, payments can be made via Credit Control at 019052643
    - If you have an 085 number, this is possible to retrieve (depending on time frame since service was suspended & cancelled)

Unfortunately we won't be able to answer your query regarding "repercussions on visas". I would suggest contacting Credit Control and see if they can address this.

-Kyle

Advertisement