If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio ASB2 Issue

Options
  • 24-01-2018 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I purchased this soundbar just over a year ago. Recently it has stopped working and just displays a flashing purple light, the power light is red and it will not turn on. All buttons on the unit are unresponsive also!

Is there anything i can try to reset\fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Pacifico wrote: »
    Hi,

I purchased this soundbar just over a year ago. Recently it has stopped working and just displays a flashing purple light, the power light is red and it will not turn on. All buttons on the unit are unresponsive also!

Thanks
    Hi Pacifico,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your soundbar! I was having a look at the manual and the flashing purple lights usually relate to an firmware update being installed. Have you attempted a firmware update recently and it has frozen? It could also mean the unit has gone into protect mode.

If you want to try Monitor Audio themselves in case they have a fix over the phone? Their number is: 00441268740580.

If it is not able to be fixed over the phone let me know and we'll get it sorted for you.

Kind regards

David 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Pacifico,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your soundbar! I was having a look at the manual and the flashing purple lights usually relate to an firmware update being installed. Have you attempted a firmware update recently and it has frozen? It could also mean the unit has gone into protect mode.

If you want to try Monitor Audio themselves in case they have a fix over the phone? Their number is: 00441268740580.

If it is not able to be fixed over the phone let me know and we'll get it sorted for you.

Kind regards

David 
    Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Gave MA a shout and they gave me 2 things to try...the second was to update the firmware which worked!

Thanks again!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Pacifico,

Kind regards

David 
    Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Gave MA a shout and they gave me 2 things to try...the second was to update the firmware which worked!

Thanks again!
    Hey Pacifico.

Excellent news!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.