Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank account details

Options
  • 24-01-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there. I live in London but moving home soon :-) I have a BOI account which hasnt been used since 2012 and I don't know the account number or sort code. As I am in the UK I cannot walk into a branch so what I'm asking is - is there any other way I can find out what the account details are.

Also, is it possible to change my name to my married name without presenting at a branch?

Many thanks,
    Ruth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

ruthhughes wrote: »
    Hi there. I live in London but moving home soon :-) I have a BOI account which hasnt been used since 2012 and I don't know the account number or sort code. As I am in the UK I cannot walk into a branch so what I'm asking is - is there any other way I can find out what the account details are.

Also, is it possible to change my name to my married name without presenting at a branch?

Many thanks,
    Ruth
    Hi ruthhughes, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

We've a dedicated Coming to Ireland team available 24/7 who’ll be happy to help you with setting up a new bank account before you come back home.

As the existing account hasn’t been used for a number of years then it’s likely that it’s now inactive. It’s possible to reactivate the account and you would usually need to supply photo ID and proof of your address in one of our branches.

You can send a request to reactivate the account along with certified copies of your photo ID and proof of your address by post to the branch where your account was opened or you could call into any of our branches once you return to Ireland.

We would also need your marriage cert to change the name on the account; again a certified copy can be used if you’re posting this from the UK.

I hope this helps and best of luck with the move :)

Thanks, Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ruthhughes

Thanks for all of this Nicola.

What do you mean by certified copies of the required documents? Who should certify them?

Many thanks,
    Ruth Hughes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

ruthhughes wrote: »
    Thanks for all of this Nicola.

What do you mean by certified copies of the required documents? Who should certify them?

Many thanks,
    Ruth Hughes

Hi ruthhughes, 

The documents can be certified as true copies by:
    • Solicitor or Lawyer
    • Public Notary
    • Peace Commissioner
    • Justice of the Peace
    • Commissioner for Oaths
    • Member of the police force

Thanks, Nicola 

Advertisement