Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir cancalation

Options
  • 24-01-2018 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hello. My name is Tatiana and I had an eir account(broadband). Thank you for the opportunity to find some answers about my issues with Eir. On the 3rd of October 2017 I rang and canceled my eir account but actually they didn't canceled it and i received the letters with the outstanding balance...I rang them again and they said that now it's canceled for sure and I don't need to pay nothing...ok i said and thought everything its clear now but, nooo. I received all the times messages and emails about my account and that if I won't pay the fee they will cut the internet and so on...I was disappointed and rang the 3rd time (11.12.17) and they said sorry for that and now they canceled for sure and don't need to pay nothing.. I asked to send me the details how to send eir equipment to them and they said that they will. Of course I didn't receive ANY letter with cancellation confirmation or how to send the equipment. So in January it happened again :))) I wasn't angry anymore as i was the other months, but I was laughing and rang them again(08.01.18). It was a nice gentleman and he checked the records and he saw all my calls and that I canceled in October but for an unknown reason it wasn't canceled actually. All this time, from the end of September I start using an other operator and I stopped the direct debit with eir of course. Ok, so after i talked with the nice operator the last time, I send the equipment to EIR RETURNS PO BOX 12726 DUBLIN11. After a few days I received a letter from Eir Credit Control Team about TERMINATION NOTICE with an outstanding balance of 107 euro. They advice me in this letter to pay immediately and my service will be re-activate. And they also said that if i won't pay within 14 days, my details will be send to a licensed Debt Collection Agency for further action. This is not serious at all and i tried to call them but how my account doesn't exist, I couldn't talk with anyone. I just don't know what to do now... I have 2 kids and one of them is a small baby and really don't need an other stress in my life. Please help me. Thank you so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

The Loyalty Team strike again! Sorry to hear tany4ika, sadly you are not the first to experience this assortment of deliberate attempts by eir to discourage / slow down cancellations - the best solution may be to start putting everything in writing, and move on to the complaints process sooner rather than later and use registered post for this.  Do not worry about threats - the Credit Control Team can't be contacted to get them to get their facts correct, so when you do speak with the Debt Collection Agency, they will have heard it all before and send the issue back to eir.  How a major utility, with a plethora of loyalty/retention/customer care managers listed on Linkedin, can function like this, and without any sanctions from ComReg, is baffling.  Above all, please don't stress too much about this, it is not your fault and up to eir to rectify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

tany4ika wrote: »
    hello. My name is Tatiana and I had an eir account(broadband). Thank you for the opportunity to find some answers about my issues with Eir. On the 3rd of October 2017 I rang and canceled my eir account but actually they didn't canceled it and i received the letters with the outstanding balance...I rang them again and they said that now it's canceled for sure and I don't need to pay nothing...ok i said and thought everything its clear now but, nooo. I received all the times messages and emails about my account and that if I won't pay the fee they will cut the internet and so on...I was disappointed and rang the 3rd time (11.12.17) and they said sorry for that and now they canceled for sure and don't need to pay nothing.. I asked to send me the details how to send eir equipment to them and they said that they will. Of course I didn't receive ANY letter with cancellation confirmation or how to send the equipment. So in January it happened again :))) I wasn't angry anymore as i was the other months, but I was laughing and rang them again(08.01.18). It was a nice gentleman and he checked the records and he saw all my calls and that I canceled in October but for an unknown reason it wasn't canceled actually. All this time, from the end of September I start using an other operator and I stopped the direct debit with eir of course. Ok, so after i talked with the nice operator the last time, I send the equipment to EIR RETURNS PO BOX 12726 DUBLIN11. After a few days I received a letter from Eir Credit Control Team about TERMINATION NOTICE with an outstanding balance of 107 euro. They advice me in this letter to pay immediately and my service will be re-activate. And they also said that if i won't pay within 14 days, my details will be send to a licensed Debt Collection Agency for further action. This is not serious at all and i tried to call them but how my account doesn't exist, I couldn't talk with anyone. I just don't know what to do now... I have 2 kids and one of them is a small baby and really don't need an other stress in my life. Please help me. Thank you so much!
    Hi Tatiana,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've faced. It certainly sounds like a difficult journey. I'd like to look into that for you here. Would you be able to send me a PM with your account number from this account and I'll get to the bottom of that for you?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tany4ika

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    The Loyalty Team strike again! Sorry to hear tany4ika, sadly you are not the first to experience this assortment of deliberate attempts by eir to discourage / slow down cancellations - the best solution may be to start putting everything in writing, and move on to the complaints process sooner rather than later and use registered post for this.  Do not worry about threats - the Credit Control Team can't be contacted to get them to get their facts correct, so when you do speak with the Debt Collection Agency, they will have heard it all before and send the issue back to eir.  How a major utility, with a plethora of loyalty/retention/customer care managers listed on Linkedin, can function like this, and without any sanctions from ComReg, is baffling.  Above all, please don't stress too much about this, it is not your fault and up to eir to rectify.
    Thank you Shuttle666 for your support and understanding, and yes, it's seems like the customer care team is not serious but  I won't be stressed anymore and I'm sure the problem will be fixed at some stage and we won't be called to the court :). Now that I know I'm not the only person with this problem, I can be relaxed that all is well with us and we did everything correct. Thank you and have a nice day!

Advertisement