Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport Pack and Sky Q Mini

Options
  • 24-01-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi Eir folks,

Hope you are keeping well. 

I've tired the following query over at the eir community but no luck in getting an answer. 
    Hoping that you can be more helpful.

I have Eir Fibre broadband. As part of my contract with Eir, I can enable eir sport pack for free on my Sky Q box. I have Eir Sport enabled on the main Sky Q box. I did this by going to the eir sport site and inputting my viewing card number. For example, see this link -> https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

We have an additional Sky Q mini box in which eir sport pack is not enabled. 
    How do I go about enabling the Eir Sport pack (which is part of my my Eir Fibre broadband contract) on the Sky Q mini box? It should not cost me anything or I don't need to subscribe to anything as it's already part of my Eir Fibre contract. For example, there is a little guidance here to enable it on a Sky Q mini box Please see this link -> https://www.eirsport.ie/eir-broadband-satellite-tv-faqs

"For Sky Q customers with Sky Q mini device, please set up your main subscription as normal via online portal. Once you completed this journey should you wish to add eir Sport to your Sky Q mini device please email cs@eirsport.ie including your name, address and 9 digit viewing card number and one of our agents will add the additional service for your Sky Q mini device and confirm via email. Alternatively you can speak with an agent on 0818 203040"

Can you look into the above? I have emailed eir sports team and they have not given me much information to go on.
    Also, I don't plan on phoning 0818 20 30 40 as it costs me money and I don't have time to spend on hold. Can you contact the eir sports team on my behalf? 

Surely, this is a simple issue to resolve via the forum and maybe others have had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

spannerism wrote: »
    Hi Eir folks,

I've tired the following query over at the eir community but no luck in getting an answer. 

I have Eir Fibre broadband. As part of my contract with Eir, I can enable eir sport pack for free on my Sky Q box. I have Eir Sport enabled on the main Sky Q box. I did this by going to the eir sport site and inputting my viewing card number. For example, see this link -> https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

How do I go about enabling the Eir Sport pack (which is part of my my Eir Fibre broadband contract) on the Sky Q mini box? It should not cost me anything or I don't need to subscribe to anything as it's already part of my Eir Fibre contract. For example, there is a little guidance here to enable it on a Sky Q mini box Please see this link -> https://www.eirsport.ie/eir-broadband-satellite-tv-faqs

"For Sky Q customers with Sky Q mini device, please set up your main subscription as normal via online portal. Once you completed this journey should you wish to add eir Sport to your Sky Q mini device please email cs@eirsport.ie including your name, address and 9 digit viewing card number and one of our agents will add the additional service for your Sky Q mini device and confirm via email. Alternatively you can speak with an agent on 0818 203040"

Can you look into the above? I have emailed eir sports team and they have not given me much information to go on.
    Also, I don't plan on phoning 0818 20 30 40 as it costs me money and I don't have time to spend on hold. Can you contact the eir sports team on my behalf? 

Surely, this is a simple issue to resolve via the forum and maybe others have had the same problem.

Hi there spannerism

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Would you mind sending me all the information requested for cs@eirsport.ie including your eir account number via PM?

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

PM sent

Thank you
    eir: Kyle wrote: »
    spannerism wrote: »
    Hi Eir folks,

Hi there spannerism

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Would you mind sending me all the information requested for cs@eirsport.ie including your eir account number via PM?

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

I think we would all appreciate an update on this issue

Hi there Ipool2k05

This issue has been resolved and spannerism received a private, confirmation email regarding this so if there's anything he would like to share here, he's more than welcome to do so.

I simply contacted the team at cs@eirsport.ie with all the information they request and they sorted this so if you're in a similar situation, you're more than welcome to email or call them on 0818 203040 where they will assist you. If you do contact them via email, please allow up to 48 hours for a response time

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Hi folks, Good Morning, 

Thanks to Kyle for pushing this along - appreciate your help.
    Eir sport is working fine on my Sky Q mini box.

@Kyle - I'll add a section to the FAQ sticky about Eir Sport at some stage this week. Trying to find info on enabling a Sky Q mini cost is difficult. 

@Boardsies - This is what you have to do to enable Eir Sport on a Sky Q Mini box. @Kyle has assured me it's free as it's part of my broadband contract.

Send an email to cs@eirsport.ie asking them to enable the sky Q mini box. Wait a while for a reply...I felt that my first email wasn't answered great so then gave them more info on my 2nd email after they requested it. I was waiting a day for a reply back so I pushed it with the eir forum. Kyle (eir rep) says there is no cost. Kyle says to wait 24-48hours for a reply. 

Feel free to use my email as a template if you like. Hope this helps.
    Here is what I sent them via email

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have Eir Fibre broadband. As part of my contract with Eir, I can enable eir sport pack for free on my Sky Q box.
    I have Eir Sport enabled on the main Sky Q box. I did this by going to the eir sport site and inputting my viewing card number. For example, see this link -> https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

How do I go about enabling the Eir Sport pack (which is part of my my Eir Fibre broadband contract) on the Sky Q mini box? It should not cost me anything or I don't need to subscribe to anything as it's already part of my Eir Fibre contract. For example, there is no guidance here to enable it on a Sky Q mini box -> https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/eir-Sport-for-Sky-customers/
    Does it cost extra to have Eir sport pack enabled on the Sky Q mini box? 

Here are my details: 
    - Name of Account Holder: xxx
    - Address Registered on Account: xxx
    - Sky Viewing Card number: xxx
    - Contact Telephone Number: xxx
    - Eir Account number: xxx

• Advertisement

More than welcome. Glad I could help

https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/eir-Sport-for-Sky-customers/

-Kyle

Hi still not very clear in what the cost is for people who pay monthly subs to eir for eirsport and want it also on their sky Q mini...what is the cost of this on top of monthly fee?

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Hi still not very clear in what the cost is for people who pay monthly subs to eir for eirsport and want it also on their sky Q mini...what is the cost of this on top of monthly fee?
    Id love a response to this which completely clears this up. I have emailed as well 3 days ago and didn't receive a reply so Id love a clear answer to the above query

Advertisement