Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving rent date to 1st of month

Options
  • 24-01-2018 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm renting a flat through an agency from 16th February onwards.

Will the rent date be the 16th of each month? I get paid on the last working day of the month but I'm not sure how flexible the agency is going to be in regards to moving the rent due date to the first of each month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭irelandrover

lustig2014 wrote: »
    I'm renting a flat through an agency from 16th February onwards.

Will the rent date be the 16th of each month? I get paid on the last working day of the month but I'm not sure how flexible the agency is going to be in regards to moving the rent due date to the first of each month

Did you ask them, what rent are you paying in advance? Maybe offer to pay a month and a half in advance so that brings you up to the 1st April?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lustig2014

Haven't asked them yet as just transferred the deposit this morning.

First time letting from an agency

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

They will move it, I'm sure, but you'll have to pay the half-month's rent to make it up obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

If you get paid at the end of the month anyway, what's the difference? Even if you're living paycheck-to-paycheck (which would be something you'd want to try to fix anyway, if possible), having rent due in the middle of the month actually gives you some extra time in case there are any delays with your paycheck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

The other option is to pay early. Pay the deposit and month in advance on the 16th, then pay again on the 1st of the month. When you are leaving you will have 2 weeks credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

^^^ + 1

If you get it shifted, I guarantee that you will change jobs in a few months time to someplace that pays on the 25th or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

What's the problem with leaving it in your bank account for two weeks until it's due to be paid?

Advertisement