Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router capabilities

Options
  • 24-01-2018 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've a new broadband service from Eir all good except for the router, which seems very restricted in it's capabilities. The supplier device is the F2000 router (a rebranded huawei 659). the two most frustrating issues are:

1/ the router appears to be restricted to issuing just eight (8) fixed ip addresses to devices on my home network. Why only 8 ??? In a world where home automation is becoming more common and knowing the ip address of various devices it critical, this seems a bizarre restriction. Are there any work around ? (yes, I know I could disable the DCHP allocation on the F2000, and buy a new device to do DHCP for my home network, but this seems overly complex)

2/ the router appears to be unable to remember all the names of devices on my network. It does allow me to rename the devices in it's index, but after a while it seems to forget some. Or maybe there's a limit to how many it can rename?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi chiversc,

Your best bet with this would be to chat with a member of our technical support team here and they will be able to advise on that for you.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Advertisement