Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SageOne reconciling sales that don't match bank transfer from merchant services

Options
  • 24-01-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So, having a bit of trouble wrapping myself around this. On the trial version of SageOne through AIB to see if it's any use to me and my small business.

We have a "dumb" till and a card machine. So daily take in cash and credit/debit payments.

For example if today I take €100 in debit cards I need to pay VAT on €100 but tomorrow the payment into my account is <€100, it'll be €98 or whatever after the merchant service fees. Rather than them crediting 100 and debiting €2 as seperate transactions.

My issue is in how to record this so that my bankaccount within Sage and sales don't get ever more divergent? And obviously then need manual adjustment.

Is that normal anyway? They're the only card services people I've used so don't know if others debit/credit as seperate transactions.

Tried talking to Sage and the AIB helpline for the business toolkit but neither service rep could really wrap their head around the problem. Promised they'd email later though.

Any insights you could give would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think you need to set up those merchant fees as a supplier and do a manual charge/money out on your journal

Advertisement