Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for report design

Options
  • 24-01-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I picked up my first bit of freelance work which will mean writing a "government report" type of document. I have used MS Word for college thesis etc but whilst I will be using Word to write the meat of the report, I would like to use something better to layout and design the final report. I want a professional rather than academic/amateur look.
    I will have to incorporate many photographs and tables and graphs. Please recommend an affordable software application (for Windows PC use) that I can use to format the document once I have written the text and gathered all my other information. The document will be printed and presented in pdf format. I was considering Adobe InDesign but so many Adobe apps that I am confused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Well, you can look for some other software, or you just can learn how to use MS Word in professional manner.
    Tool wont make masterpiece on its own - master with tool in his hands will.
    All tasks you have worded (and many more) can be completed with MS Word and if you have MS office already it doesn't cost extra........but of course is for you to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Nah don't fancy using MS Word, thanks all the same Smuggler. I fancy learning something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I always keep thumbs up for learning.
    Competition is good, but it is not simple task to compete with product that was developed for last 27 years.

Good look with new stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

LaTeX??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Advertisement
Advertisement