Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Photograph Cheque

Options
  • 24-01-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

How do I get a dummy large cheque (2 actually) ?

MOST unhappy and frustrated with not being able to talk to a human on the phone to ask this simple question.

Kim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

kilomike31 wrote: »
    How do I get a dummy large cheque (2 actually) ?

MOST unhappy and frustrated with not being able to talk to a human on the phone to ask this simple question.

Kim.
    Hi kilomike31, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you had trouble getting through by phone. 

You can request presentation cheques through your nearest Bank of Ireland branch. Or if you want to PM me the details, I can send a request to the branch for you.  

Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kilomike31

Hi Nicola,
           do you mean physically go to my branch (The Quay, Waterford), as it seems to be impossible to talk to anyone directly there? There is no option on your phone system to talk to a representative so I presume BOI does not want to talk to customers any more.

Kim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

kilomike31 wrote: »
    Hi Nicola,
           do you mean physically go to my branch (The Quay, Waterford), as it seems to be impossible to talk to anyone directly there? There is no option on your phone system to talk to a representative so I presume BOI does not want to talk to customers any more.

Kim.
    H Kim, you'll need to visit the branch once the cheques are ready to collect,  but you can give us the details by phone and we'll order the cheques for you.

If you call 0818 365 365 (choose option 1, and then 1 again on the phone menu when prompted) an adviser will take the details and request these cheques for you. 

As mentioned you can also PM me with the details. 

Thanks, Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kilomike31

Hi Nicola,
           thanks for your reply. In the mean time I called the support number again, entered 'Account Enquiries', which was the only way I could find to talk to someone, and they gave me the direct number of someone in Waterford (whom I won't mention here). I've left a message and hope she will call me back.

As a comparison (as I'm thinking of moving my personal, business and charity accounts), I called AIB, was able to talk to someone without taking a circuitous route, and had an answer in 30 seconds.

Thanks,
    Kim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Kim,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We've many ways to get in touch to make this type of request. We're available 24/7 on Twitter, Facebook private message, the Ask a Question option in Service Desk on 365 Online, contactus@boi.com or through private message here, as suggested above. These all save you having to make a call. You also have the option of dropping into any of our branches, as they may have one available, and if not they would be more than happy to order one for you to be collected at a branch of your choice.

We do hope you reconsider moving your accounts.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement