Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft fee & cancellation

Options
  • 24-01-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi - I've a couple of questions for you:
    • I was charged €30 overdraft facility fee in August. I don't use the overdraft so obviously want to avoid the fee in future by cancelling. Is the €30 fee applied retroactively or proactively i.e. if I cancel now, will I still be charged the €30 next August as the facility was technically in place for part of the year Aug 2017-Aug 2018? Or did the €30 I paid in August 2017 cover my overdraft facility until August 2018?
      If retroactive, do you prorate the fee if I cancel halfway through the fee year?
    • How do I cancel - presumably I need to send you a letter? Is it to my branch that I write to cancel?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Gordon Gekko,

Thanks for your post.

The €30 fee is applied in advance so the fee you paid last August would've been for the period August 2017 - July 2018. If you were to cancel this before the facility is up for review, in August, there would be no refund or part refund of the previous fee. You can cancel this by sending an Ask a Question message from Service Desk on 365 Online or by calling 0818365365.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement