Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Deal on 4G Broadband From 3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭TimHorton

As I posted it has gone down to about 3.35mbps which is not worth the extra 30 a month if it stays like this until midnight!

Will keep you updated

Forget about the speed tests , I had Vodafone 4G 150 gb and had endless problems , With Vodafone IPTV/SKY Go would just not work in the evening even though a speed test would give me 20/30mb ,Now with 3 on 750gb Last night we had 2 x Netflix SD + 1 x IPTV SD all working fine yet a speed test was only showing 4/5mb when all streams were stopped.

If you watch the Modem once a video starts streaming you can see signal go from 4G to 4G+ , Then 10 seconds after the stream is stopped you can see the signal revert back to 4G

BTW at 6.30 AM I was getting speeds of 35/40 mb

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Mast siteviewer from comreg will give you exact locations of masts and wheteher they are 4g enabled (LTE)

https://www.comreg.ie/industry/radio-spectrum/site-viewer/

I found the my mast is closer than I thought :) - and explains the speeds I get (50mbs off peak) from three.

This line-of-site plotter on Scadacore will let you check your visibilty of the masts shown on Comreg Siteviewer.

Remember to enter realistic antenna heights for both your end and the 4G mast (typically 10m). It's obviously not going to tell you if there are any trees in the way!

440265.png

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

TimHorton wrote: »
    Forget about the speed tests , I had Vodafone 4G 150 gb and had endless problems , With Vodafone IPTV/SKY Go would just not work in the evening even though a speed test would give me 20/30mb ,Now with 3 on 750gb Last night we had 2 x Netflix SD + 1 x IPTV SD all working fine yet a speed test was only showing 4/5mb when all streams were stopped.

If you watch the Modem once a video starts streaming you can see signal go from 4G to 4G+ , Then 10 seconds after the stream is stopped you can see the signal revert back to 4G

Beginning to agree with you on the validity of the speedtests.
    Amongst other things, it seems to depend on which server the Speedtest selects to test with. I'm finding Airwire Galway faster than Vodafone Dublin server, even though my ISP's exit point is in Dublin.

Also, as you say there is prioritisation of YouTube and perhaps Netflix streams, whereas the data dump (presumably FTP) used by Speedtest may be throttled.

Right-click on any YouTube video while its playing and select "Stats for Nerds"to see what the actual D/L speed is for that particular stream.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I have installed the app etc,

I want to really protect myself against going over 750GB. When does the data allowance run from?

Calendar month? Date you turned it on? Is it 30 days or a calendar month?

I will contact three but for some reason my email address I signed up with will not allow me to log on to mythree.ie

Thank you

Strangely enough when I check my allowance at the start of the month it said U had over 800gb available.

Advertisement