Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affinity Card rate not applied

Options
  • 24-01-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

In September 2017 I took out a new affinity credit card with BOI to take advantage of the 2.9% interest rate on balance transfers for 12 months.  When my first statement arrived I saw that it stated the interest rate was charged at 1.214% and not the advertised rate.  

I phoned the customer services number and eventually spoke to someone who said that yes the interest rate was incorrect and that they had amended the interest rate to the 2.9% and it would be all sorted in the statement after the next one I was to get. 

The interest that had been applied in the first month was refunded, however, the interest rate has not been amended and is still taking interest at the 1.214% rate. Could someone please look into this and make the necessary correction to the interest rate and refund the excess interest that has been taken.   

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi tumble,

Thanks for your post.

To have this investigated we'd suggest that you raise your query through Ask a Question on 365 Online. An adviser with access to your credit card will be happy to review the rate that has been applied and have this corrected.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tumble

Hi tumble,

Thanks for your post.

To have this investigated we'd suggest that you raise your query through Ask a Question on 365 Online. An adviser with access to your credit card will be happy to review the rate that has been applied and have this corrected.

Thanks
    Tara
    I am not a BOI customer- I only have the credit card with BOI and am now regretting getting that - so don't have access to 365 online. How else can I get this resolved? I don't want to be told to go back to trying to resolve it over the phone as I would like confirmation in writing of the resolution of the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi tumble,

Sorry, we weren't aware that you're not a current account holder with us. We'd be unable to provide written confirmation on an account query here through Boards. We can arrange a call from the credit card team if you'd like to send us a private message with your full name, first line of your address and your contact phone number. To send a private message, please click here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tumble

Hi tumble,

Sorry, we weren't aware that you're not a current account holder with us. We'd be unable to provide written confirmation on an account query here through Boards. We can arrange a call from the credit card team if you'd like to send us a private message with your full name, first line of your address and your contact phone number. To send a private message, please click here.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks Tara PM sent

Advertisement