Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for Corolla

Options
  • 24-01-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone know what brands of alloys will fit an e150 Toyota corolla 2007 saloon? I'm not willing to pay the money for new aftermarket alloys so was thinking of alloys off other cars. I know the car has 114.3 pcd. Saw a set of lexus sport alloys that looked nice but was insure if the offset would be different with the lexus is being rear wheel drive? Looking for 17/18 inch alloys. Any replies will be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is the car 5 stud or 4 stud?

If it’s 5 stud then it’s 5x114.3 and so most wheels of Japanese cars that are 5 stud will fit yours with the exception to Subaru’s which use 5x100.

You should be able to get 16/17” wheels from Hondas Mazdas Toyotas Nissans Mitsubishi’s or Suzuki’s which will fit yours although watch with some Mazda wheels which can have a very narrow centre bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

aidan_paul wrote: »
    Does anyone know what brands of alloys will fit an e150 Toyota corolla 2007 saloon? I'm not willing to pay the money for new aftermarket alloys so was thinking of alloys off other cars. I know the car has 114.3 pcd. Saw a set of lexus sport alloys that looked nice but was insure if the offset would be different with the lexus is being rear wheel drive? Looking for 17/18 inch alloys. Any replies will be helpful.

Try and get a set of genuine corolla wheels from a dismantlers. They are really the only wheels that suit those cars. 18s will look wrong on a corolla of that vintage imo. Even 17s are a bit too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wheel fitment for these is the same as the 04 onwards Corolla Verso and the 09 onwards Avensis and the 07 onwards Auris.
    Don’t bother looking for anything else or you will look like a chav. That’s just how Corollas work.

Would agree with John ref the size. 17s maybe at a push. But 18s will look silly. 17s on 225/45R17 will actually be crashy enough, had these on an an Auris years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aidan_paul

Do most jap cars with 5x114.3 have the same offset as the corolla? Doesn't the offset need to be the same as the wheels coming off it?

Offset can be within a certain range on most cars, or example, IS200 wheels will go straight onto your Corolla, there’s only 5mm difference in the offset so youd probably be fine.
    IS220d/IS250 wheels are the same fitment and would probably suit the Corolla better visually. The 17s off a Sport would actually look very well on that model Corolla.

Probably look at lowering it a little too as well if funds allow.

• Advertisement

Is there anyway I can find the offset of wheels without measuring them? Every website seems to have a different value

Yeah. Wheelfitment.eu has them.

Keep in mind there’s different Corollas in different markets. Yours would be the same as an Auris essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The vast majority of cars that use 5x114.3 wheels have offset ranging from 45 to 60.

Are there any disadvantages to increasing the offset by a small amount like 5mm? Ive heard stories about ride being affected and a few other things. Or is this only for majorly changing the offset?

Offset is basically how far the wheels stick out. It’s more complicated than that, but it wouldn’t affect the ride at all.

This
    http://www.tsw.com/explore/what-is-wheel-offset.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

aidan_paul wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can find the offset of wheels without measuring them? Every website seems to have a different value
    http://www.wheelfitment.eu/PCD/5x114.3%20/60.1.html

I wouln't treat claimed offset neither as true nor as absolutely necessary. It's just a recommendation. My car is listed as 45, despite that I've set of wheels with ET 35 and another with ET 28 - no issues at all.

Advertisement