Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the chances of getting a greencard?

Options
  • 24-01-2018 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

What are the chances of being selected in the greencard lottery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

2.2% in 2015

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105012504&postcount=1332

It will vary depending on how many apply and how many visas are issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Fake News

do your chances increase if you apply every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

You have to apply every year. Although it’s looking like soon it’s going to be scrapped.

What do you think they'll replace it with?

Probably a skilled based Visa. To be honest most people’s odds would be better with this type of Visa than the lottery. Even though that’s how I got here.

• Advertisement

Probably a skilled based Visa. To be honest most people’s odds would be better with this type of Visa than the lottery. Even though that’s how I got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

According to CNN, Trump has offered a path to citizenship for up to 1.8 million illegal immigrants (primarily DACA recipients) in exchange for (amongst other things) abolition of the DV.

The odds look like 50/1 which aren't bad.

Advertisement