Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with CSV export from Banking 365

Options
  • 24-01-2018 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am having some issues with the CSV export from 365 online. When I save CSV file, and then open via MS Excel all data are being entered into a single column. For example in Cell A1 will read: Date,Details,Debit,Credit,Balance

Instead of A1 = Date; A2=Details; A3=Debit etc

Upon opening, the file does not appear to be giving me the default option of setting "comma" "delimted" options.

This is not the case with other CSV files I use for work, on the same laptop, regularly. When I open these files via MS Excel, I automatically get the option to set "comma" delimited" types options.

Anybody having this issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi weightlifter,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the CSV export function. We've tested this here and the data is exporting and opening with five columns, as below, and is operating as it should. 

Date - Details - Debit - Credit - Balance

This sounds like it could be a setting in Excel. We'd advise trying this using a different device and checking the version and settings in Excel on your current device. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement