Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tennant MIA

Options
  • 24-01-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Tennant finally out of my rental 10 months no rent, 11,000 euro owed

i cant seem to track him down however to pursue any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

utmbuilder wrote: »

Have you tried finding him on social media?

Real answer.....just be thankful you have your house back.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

Have you tried finding him on social media?

Real answer.....just be thankful you have your house back.

what can i do with his social media i found an account but no posts since 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Was he/she working or was he/she an unemployed Social Welfare tenant? If it is the first case, yes you do have possibilities (start from his PPS number, take him to court and they will track his/her employer and then he/she will pay his/her dues). If it is social welfare, forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

what can i do with his social media i found an account but no posts since 2014

If he was still posting it may have been possible to find his location.

As said, the legal route is an option but getting him to pay is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check LinkedIn, see if you can find out where they work and contact them at their place of work.

Then again if they lived rent free for a year they are unlikely to pay or see any shame in not paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Change all locks, bin anything that isn't yours.

If you know where he's working, get a lawyer. Going to his workplace may make you seem like a crazyman, and would tip him off that you know where he works. If he's on the dole, court will cost you, and he'll only pay a fiver a week after he uses a free lawyer. for the next 42 or so years...

Advertisement