Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really poor internet connecton

Options
  • 24-01-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

My internet connection is terrible, and has been for a fee weeks now.
    Our connection with eir has always been slow, we where assured we would have 4 + mps but in reality we never even got 2 mps.
    Our PC, Smart TV and our phones continually loose conection with the modem and when connected some times wont load websites.
    Im in the mid louth area.
    Can you explain why this is happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear of the service problem. Your best bet would be to chat with a member of our technical support team here and they'll be able to test everything for you.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

steveshort wrote: »
    My internet connection is terrible, and has been for a fee weeks now.
    Our connection with eir has always been slow, we where assured we would have 4 + mps but in reality we never even got 2 mps.
    Our PC, Smart TV and our phones continually loose conection with the modem and when connected some times wont load websites.
    Im in the mid louth area.
    Can you explain why this is happening?
    Hi there steveshort

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards. So sorry to hear that you're having issues with your speeds. We have a Help & Support page for all broadband queries at https://www.eir.ie/support/broadband/ where you will also find speed related issues.

If this persists, I would suggest contacting the Tech Team directly at 1890260260 so they can do troubleshooting while on the call and escalated if needed. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist with these troubleshooting steps here.

Hope this helps

-Kyle

Advertisement