Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim

Options
  • 24-01-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Hi all, was just involved in a accident, it will be a insurance claim. I was just wondering how things work, i was in my partners jeep, am a name driver on her policy, i know the claim will effect her premiums but will it also effect my own as I will have to disclose I was in a accident when I renew my policy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Yes. Both will be affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

OP, Is your partner's jeep registered as a private vehicle and do you have driving of other cars on your policy? If so, your policy may be liable for loss to a 3rd party and your partner's policy picks up damage to the jeep

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

OP, Is your partner's jeep registered as a private vehicle and do you have driving of other cars on your policy? If so, your policy may be liable for loss to a 3rd party and your partner's policy picks up damage to the jeep

No its a commercial policy, my policy is also commercial and no i don't have driving of other cars on my policy. And we are both with Liberty insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

No its a commercial policy, my policy is also commercial and no i don't have driving of other cars on my policy. And we are both with Liberty insurance.

Excellent. It is still declarable at renewal but should not have any real impact on your premium unless it was a bad accident

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Excellent. It is still declarable at renewal but should not have any real impact on your premium unless it was a bad accident
    Great thanks for the advise, minimal damage to the Jeep, other car is a 03 and fairly damaged so its a wright off, only then is other driver is claiming sore neck so no doubt there will be a personal injury claim

• Advertisement
Advertisement