Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skehard Road Roadworks/Upgrade

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Bus gate by the CSO is definitely open now, the 215 flew through it the other day. Had to take it slow as the corner was tight but no bother to them. Light went green for the regular traffic immediately after so no real delay added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Great that the lane is finally open! I wonder what took them so bloody long, though? Road's been done for 4 months!

I hope stage 2 of these works goes ahead this summer as scheduled. There will have to be front gardens shortened (and that little cottage near Supervalu torn down presumably) so potentially a few legal problems with the homeowners down that end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Great that the lane is finally open! I wonder what took them so bloody long, though? Road's been done for 4 months!

It's been operating for several weeks now. Not sure it's either useful or safe.

Yesterday I was near the top of the queue waiting for the light so that I could turn left onto Skehard Rd. A bus pulled alongside in the bus lane. 2-3 seconds later I got a green and the bus light stayed red. Priority!?

And this evening I was at the very top of the queue waiting on red when three wänkêrs pulled into the bus lane in private cars. When I got my green they drove through and cut me off. When I blasted one of them he looked surprised that anyone would care. Yeah, BMW.

Anyone got any word on phase 2 of this project? Seems to be nothing happening between Sulervalu and the CSO beyond some drainage works.

I hope they didn't run into trouble with the CPO's and that's what's caused the delay. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, though.

Anyone got any word on phase 2 of this project? Seems to be nothing happening between Sulervalu and the CSO beyond some drainage works.

I hope they didn't run into trouble with the CPO's and that's what's caused the delay. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, though.

It's due to start sometime this summer according to something I read a few months back. Incidentally, that will be phase 3. Phase 1 was the removal of the roundabout at the top of the Well Road and construction of the new alignment down the hill through Silverdale lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

When is phase 3 starting?

Won't be this year anyway by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Won't be this year anyway by the looks of it.

Phase 2 has had a negative affect on Ardmahon and Lake Lawn, we've seen more cars than ever using it as a cut through from the well road since it was done. I'm. Hoping phase 3 will help!

Phase 2 has had a negative affect on Ardmahon and Lake Lawn, we've seen more cars than ever using it as a cut through from the well road since it was done. I'm. Hoping phase 3 will help!

I live on one of the Ardmahon rat runs. They were made viable by the lights at the top of the Well Road, which was part of Phase 1. Sorry if I’m being a bit thick here but I’m not really understanding how Phase 3 (SuperValu to CSO) will make any difference to that?

cantalach wrote: »
    I live on one of the Ardmahon rat runs. They were made viable by the lights at the top of the Well Road, which was part of Phase 1. Sorry if I’m being a bit thick here but I’m not really understanding how Phase 3 (SuperValu to CSO) will make any difference to that?

Purely talking from experience, I wish I had the answer.

I agree the lights were the start of this, it always seemed to flow so much better with the roundabout but according to a couple of local councillors I've spoken with, they are saying the Skehard Road won't be, 'fully efficient' until phase 3 is complete. I'm not sure if it's layout or light phasing but since phase 2 we have had queues at the end of Ardmahon (silver key end) which we never had before. The Well road queue is further back than ever hence the cut throughs but in 20 years living there, I've never seen the queues into Churchyard Lane from Ardmahon that I've seen since the last phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I don't get that. I live right next to it and there's never more than a relatively short queue at the Well Road lights unless traffic is backed up to there from SuperValu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Looks like they have started work on the middle section of this.

Skehard Road: Upgrade works taking place until approx July 2021 from its junction with Mahon Link Road to its junction with Church Road, Lane restrictions and Stop/Go traffic management will be in place expect delays. Footpath closures will be in place throughout the works (Coffey Northumbrian)

xabi wrote: »
    Looks like they have started work on the middle section of this.

Skehard Road: Upgrade works taking place until approx July 2021 from its junction with Mahon Link Road to its junction with Church Road, Lane restrictions and Stop/Go traffic management will be in place expect delays. Footpath closures will be in place throughout the works (Coffey Northumbrian)

Actually the timing is great as the roads are very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

It looks like they have stopped working since the restrictions came in though.

Advertisement