If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superpanel 6 year warranty

Options
  • 25-01-2018 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi John,

I purchased a Samsung tv UE32J5500 from your store on 24/06/2016.  On 24/05/2017 it developed a fault and your service company (Craigavon service centre) collected, repaired and returned it.  

Recently it developed another fault. When I contacted your store I was informed that as it was under 39” it would NOT qualify for collection or delivery.  How can this be the case as this is the same tv that developed the initial fault!!!

First of all I am very surprised and disappointed that an almost new tv should break down (complete picture and sound loss).  Secondly when I contacted your store to report the latest fault (on 2 different occasions) each salesman informed me that they would get back to me following clarification from management (which never happened).

My extended family (myself included) have been customers of Richer Sounds since 2009 and have always been satisfied with the service provided.  We have recommended your store to friends and work colleagues on numerous occasions.

Looking forward to a resolution regarding this warranty issue!
    Thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John,

I purchased a Samsung tv UE32J5500 from your store on 24/06/2016.  On 24/05/2017 it developed a fault and your service company (Craigavon service centre)  collected, repaired and returned it.  

Recently it developed another fault. When I contacted your store I was informed that as it was under 39” it would NOT qualify for collection or delivery.  How can this be the case as this is the same tv that developed the initial fault!!!

First of all I am very surprised and disappointed that an almost new tv should break down (complete picture and sound loss).  Secondly when I contacted your store to report the latest fault (on 2 different occasions) each salesman informed me that they would get back to me following clarification from management (which never happened).

My extended family (myself included) have been customers of Richer Sounds since 2009 and have always been satisfied with the service provided.  We have recommended your store to friends and work colleagues on numerous occasions.

Looking forward to a resolution regarding this warranty issue!
    Thank you.
    Hi thickarrowroot,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you and I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your TV. I'm also sorry none of the staff have contacted you back regarding your fault. I am the duty manager today and I will make sure to get your TV booked in with Craigavon today. Normally TVs under 39" need to be returned to the store, however, as you have had yours collected before I will arrange collection again.

If you could drop me a PM with your name and contact number I will give you a ring and get that sorted asap.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Thickarrowroot

Hi David,

A much belated thank you for resolving the last issue with the tv! Recently a fault has developed whereby a black bar appeared across the screen with a message to check the antenna or re tune. Upon retuning all the channels disappeared from set. An LG tv that was purchased by a family member from yourselves previously works perfectly from the same antenna. So the problem with this Samsung seems to be the tuner!?

Wouldit you please initiate the warranty repair on this set at your convenience!

Thanking you,
    Kind regards,
    Berni

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi David,

A much belated thank you for resolving the last issue with the tv!  Recently a fault has developed whereby a black bar appeared across the screen with a message to check the antenna or re tune.  Upon retuning all the channels disappeared from set.  An LG tv that was purchased by a family  member from yourselves previously works perfectly from the same antenna.  So the problem with this Samsung seems to be the tuner!?

Wouldit you please initiate the warranty repair on this set at your convenience!

Thanking you,
    Kind regards,
    Berni
    Hi Berni,

Great to hear from you again and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the TV again!

I can certainly get this booked in for you but could you try a factory reset just in case it's a software issue? The other thing to try would be to check the TV is operating with the latest firmware! If you try these and the TV still won't tune drop me a post and I will get your TV booked in for a service call!

Kind regards

David 

Hi Berni,

Great to hear from you again and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the TV again!

I can certainly get this booked in for you but could you try a factory reset just in case it's a software issue? The other thing to try would be to check the TV is operating with the latest firmware! If you try these and the TV still won't tune drop me a post and I will get your TV booked in for a service call!

Kind regards

David 

Hi David, thanks for your prompt reply. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.

Best regards

Berni

Hi Berni,

Kind regards

David 

Hi David, thanks  for your prompt reply.  I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.

Best regards

Berni
    Hi Berni,

No problem, fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Hi David, thanks for your prompt reply. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.

Best regards

Berni

Hi David,

I followed your instructions and I'm delighted to report... the tv is now working perfectly!
    The firmware is up to date (last update was May 2020)

Thank you again David - as I expected - customer service 100%

Best regards

Berni

Hi David, thanks  for your prompt reply.  I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.

Best regards

Berni

Hi David,

I followed your instructions and I'm delighted to report... the tv is now working perfectly!
    The firmware is up to date (last update was May 2020)

Thank you again David - as I expected - customer service 100%

Best regards

Berni
    Hi Berni,

Fantastic!! Delighted to hear you're up and running! A lot of issues with TVs are software related now thanks to the amount of apps and things they're running!

If you have any issues at all please let me know but have a great weekend!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.