Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged very high rate per minute for roaming in the EU

Options
  • 25-01-2018 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm on eir bundle (firbe + mobile).

My mobile package includes 100 minutes any network + 1gb data, both of which can be used in the EU.

My understanding always was, than once I'm using my mobile in different EU country, then I can still avail on my 100 minutes any network, and additionally they can be used for calling any number in the EU not limited to Ireland and country I'm roaming in only.
    That always was the case with all providers, and my understanding was that's exactly same with Eir.

Recently I was on a trip to Poland, and used Eir mobile there. I used my 100 minutes allowance for calls to Ireland and Poland, as well as one 4.5 minute call to Slovakia (Slovakian mobile number).

I was very surprised, when my bill arrived, and once all calls in roaming to Poland and Ireland were free and included in my 100 minutes allowance, I was charged €7.50 for that 4.5 minute call to Slovakia.

IMO that's completely against EU roaming regulations, as well as against Eir price list.

Could you explain me, why was I charged for that phonecall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

CiniO wrote: »
    Hi.

My mobile package includes 100 minutes any network + 1gb data, both of which can be used in the EU.

My understanding always was, than once I'm using my mobile in different EU country, then I can still avail on my 100 minutes any network, and additionally they can be used for calling any number in the EU not limited to Ireland and country I'm roaming in only.
    That always was the case with all providers, and my understanding was that's exactly same with Eir.

Recently I was on a trip to Poland, and used Eir mobile there. I used my 100 minutes allowance for calls to Ireland and Poland, as well as one 4.5 minute call to Slovakia (Slovakian mobile number).

I was very surprised, when my bill arrived, and once all calls in roaming to Poland and Ireland were free and included in my 100 minutes allowance, I was charged €7.50 for that 4.5 minute call to Slovakia.

IMO that's completely against EU roaming regulations, as well as against Eir price list.

Hi there CiniO

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

If you were charged for any call within the EU, you probably went over your allocated minutes in your plan.

Making (inside the EU) - 30c per min
    Making (outside the EU) - €1.49 per min
    Receiving - FREE

https://www.eir.ie/roaming/#/europe_zone_1/slovakia

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi.

Hi there CiniO

If you were charged for any call within the EU, you probably went over your allocated minutes in your plan.

Receiving - FREE

-Kyle
    Thanks for reply Kyle.

No I didn't go over my allocated minutes. I hardly used half of them.
    Also I mentioned I was charged €7.50 for 4.5 minute call to Slovakia (which is in the EU) so that makes no sense according to your price list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi.

Hi there CiniO

Receiving - FREE

-Kyle
    Thanks for reply Kyle.

No I didn't go over my allocated minutes. I hardly used half of them.
    Also I mentioned I was charged €7.50 for 4.5 minute call to Slovakia (which is in the EU) so that makes no sense according to your price list.
    Hi CiniO.

Would you be able to send me a PM with your number and PIN and I'll check this out for you?

-Kevin

Advertisement