Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Noob

• 25-01-2018 8:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Got a Series 3 yesterday, and like all Apple products, it's a slick bit of kit. Couple of hiccups during the setup phase (user deficiencies!), but she seems to be up and running now.

Anyways, I'm just wondering what apps would people recommend for it?

I'm particularly interested in something that might be able to monitor my movement (or lack of same) during 5 a side footy. And some sort of couch to 5K app. Are the standard movement app, or Nike Running Club app, any good?
    And finally, is there any sort of HIIT workout app available?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I use Nike Running Club for my runs and it’s great. Can’t comment on apps for specifically for football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

My one big issue with the Nike+ app is that there is no 'lock screen' like there is in the native workout app. I find that the sleeve of my jacket rubs against the watch and pauses or ends runs prematurely. OK, if I have my phone with me and I can hear it through the earphones but sometimes when I don't I get back from my 10k run and find the app paused or stopped the run about 5 minutes in!

Edit - Would also like the ability to see the average pace on the watch front. At the moment you can only see the current pace. (the native app gives you the option of which one you want to see)

Advertisement