Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elton john 3 arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Cait04 wrote: »
    I have a presale code but it is not giving me the option to buy tickets. It keeps telling me that tickets go on general sale on Friday. What am I doing wrong or are the pre sale all gone?

You need to access the page via the 3 presale.

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/6byw2w?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_3ARENAPRESALE&brand=ie_3arenapresale[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

181 euro for flat seating and some tiered seating is absolutely scandalous.
    It was about half that the last time he was here ,so the promoter has decided to double the prices because its the final tour.

I've seen him 3 times in the Marquee ,he does put on a good show but his voice is shot from too much touring .
    I wouldnt go and see him again ,every time he played the Marquee the sound has been terrible.
    The sound will be better in the 3arena but those prices are outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Zardoz wrote: »
    181 euro for flat seating and some tiered seating is absolutely scandalous.
    It was about half that the last time he was here ,so the promoter has decided to double the prices because its the final tour.

I've seen him 3 times in the Marquee ,he does put on a good show but his voice is shot from too much touring .
    I wouldnt go and see him again ,every time he played the Marquee the sound has been terrible.
    The sound will be better in the 3arena but those prices are outrageous.

Reviews from last year in Cork were very good?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I have a presale code but it is not giving me the option to buy tickets. It keeps telling me that tickets go on general sale on Friday. What am I doing wrong or are the pre sale all gone?
    lambayire wrote: »
    You need to access the page via the 3 presale.

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/6byw2w?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_3ARENAPRESALE&brand=ie_3arenapresale[/FONT]

If you got the presale code from being a Verified Fan on Ticketmaster, you need to follow the link that they texted to you this morning to buy the tickets. It'll ask for your code then (also in the text).

Reviews from last year in Cork were very good?

The ones in the papers is it ,lol,they are always good .
    His voice was very bad last year ,previous two gigs were much better and he played 30 minutes longer those times too.
    He could have had a cold .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Got two in block a for 190 each... hoping the view will be ok and won’t be at too much of an angle.... was hoping to get the cheaper tickets but sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Got two in block a for 190 each... hoping the view will be ok and won’t be at too much of an angle.... was hoping to get the cheaper tickets but sure....

Jesus Christ. Almost €200 for a ticket now. I really don’t know how that is justifiable. You’d want to be sitting up on stage for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Jesus Christ. Almost €200 for a ticket now. I really don’t know how that is justifiable. You’d want to be sitting up on stage for that price.
    U2 were €209 for upper tier, at least the expensive ones here are lower tier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The promoters seem to be jacking up the price compared to previous tours going by what prices were for the marquee. I opted to book the Bridgestone arena in Nashville for October as it coincides with a visit to family there, a lower level tiered seat was $145 and as it is a small hockey arena it has good views. The 3 arena prices are saucy in comparison I think but I would go if the US visit hadn't worked out for me. I refuse to go to the marquee due to the poor sound and was never able to link up my US trips with dates in Caesar's Palace so I am delighted to have my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cait04

miamee wrote: »
    If you got the presale code from being a Verified Fan on Ticketmaster, you need to follow the link that they texted to you this morning to buy the tickets. It'll ask for your code then (also in the text).

Thanks. I had been trying to get in through the verified fan link that they sent me from 9 am, eventually got in about half 10 and the cheapest seats left were up in the rafters for €163.85. I sat up there before and it is miles away so definitely won't be paying that price to sit there. I will just see what I can get in the general sale on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Ground floor tickets were just under €100 in Belfast in 2016. This is bloody sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The promoters seem to be jacking up the price compared to previous tours ...

don't blame the promoters here, it's the artist who sets the prices.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 hero77

I wonder will he do a 2nd night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

don't blame the promoters here, it's the artist who sets the prices.

You blame the people who bought the tickets last time, and for similar gigs. They sold at those prices last time so it should be no surprise that they're more expensive this time.

What do you think would've happened if no one bought the tickets at the last price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Nal wrote: »
    You blame the people who bought the tickets last time, and for similar gigs. They sold at those prices last time so it should be no surprise that they're more expensive this time.

What do you think would've happened if no one bought the tickets at the last price?

So lets all just stay inside forever yea?
    What an exiting life you must lead.

Ground floor tickets were just under €100 in Belfast in 2016. This is bloody sick.

Its really cynical ,a big hullabaloo about how its his last tour ,which is lasting a ludicrous 3 years and 300 gigs ,and they have basically doubled the ticket prices for the tour.
    I hope it sells poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

EyesClosed wrote: »
    So lets all just stay inside forever yea?

Lets just take a financial 12 inch dildo up the arse from a man already worth half a billion quid with no questions asked and help fuel the Irish gig price hyper inflation we're seeing yea?

This is what we should be doing. Or at the very least not buying the tickets.

Enjoy the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Nal wrote: »
    Lets just take a financial 12 inch dildo up the arse from a man already worth half a billion quid with no questions asked and help fuel the Irish gig price hyper inflation we're seeing yea?

This is what we should be doing. Or at the very least not buying the tickets.

Enjoy the gig.

But if i provide a service, and people pay me for it. You better believe I am going to ask for more money next time. Do you expect to do the same job forever for the same pay, do you not expect a pay rise?
    It is the exact same thing, yes its expensive, but I am willing to pay it, you don't have to, and if you want to hold a protest more power to you.
    But coming into every bloody thread and moaning about price is doing nothing for anyone.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Was going but at these prices, it's starting to be 50/50 but I'll guess it will
    sell out as it's his last concert.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 fdun555

I wonder will it sell out? very expensive...

• Advertisement

I wonder will this sell out?... very expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

fdun555 wrote: »
    I wonder will it sell out? very expensive...

Yes it will, target audience has plenty of cash

EyesClosed wrote: »
    But if i provide a service, and people pay me for it. You better believe I am going to ask for more money next time. Do you expect to do the same job forever for the same pay, do you not expect a pay rise?
    It is the exact same thing, yes its expensive, but I am willing to pay it, you don't have to, and if you want to hold a protest more power to you.
    But coming into every bloody thread and moaning about price is doing nothing for anyone.

I agree with your general logic, and people set out to make a profit and all that. But this is on a different scale altogether. €190 for a seating ticket for what I presume is a 3 hour show should be criminal. If I saw a tout selling a €190 ticket, I would be fuming at the system that lets them get away with it. I know it’s supply/demand etc. but we the fools for paying it. I remember spending €100 on an Ennio Morricone ticket, and whilst I enjoyed it, it still crosses my mind that I have just spent €100 for about 2 hours entertainment. But for E John, it’s almost double it. They sit down to decide the price of tickets, knowing the general price of tickets. And they come up with €190. That is extortionate and pure fleecing. You might be willing to pay it, but that doesn't mean it's right. Maybe that's where the actual problem lies.

I agree with your general logic, and people set out to make a profit and all that. But this is on a different scale altogether. €190 for a seating ticket for what I presume is a 3 hour show should be criminal. If I saw a tout selling a €190 ticket, I would be fuming at the system that lets them get away with it. I know it’s supply/demand etc. but we the fools for paying it. I remember spending €100 on an Ennio Morricone ticket, and whilst I enjoyed it, it still crosses my mind that I have just spent €100 for about 2 hours entertainment. But for E John, it’s almost double it. They sit down to decide the price of tickets, knowing the general price of tickets. And they come up with €190. That is extortionate and pure fleecing. You might be willing to pay it, but that doesn't mean it's right. Maybe that's where the actual problem lies.

U2 tics were up on e215... seems to be the going rate for "legends". I agree, its way too expensive.

U2 tics were up on e215

Weren't they the most expensive "normal" tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'm trying for my sister. Even at those prices it's going to be another Tout-Rout (My term, you can use it). Will sell out in under 5 mins my prediction. Let's see....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cait04

Tickets were all gone at 9am. I didn't even get into the queue.

Tickets were all gone at 9am. I didn't even get into the queue.

Went in there out of curiosity to see if the prices were as high as mentioned on the thread. Tickets on sale. No problem getting tickets.

There are a few €156 and €181 tickets left but there were NO €96 tickets 2 seconds after 9am!
    Must have had 2 tickets at that price. Wouldn't pay €181 for Block K row 34 :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I managed to get two 156 euro tickets (As much as it killed me to buy them. But they're for someone else so...). But was still a tout rout. I didn't even look but I'm assuming that Ticketmaster... I mean Seatwave..... are selling them for 600 each at this stage. Gangsters

Edit: Thursday added

Advertisement