Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffing Level Forecasting

Options
  • 25-01-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello, 
    We are a service firm supplying labour requirements to a number of large organisations. We currently have 25 staff, that work on various shifts spanning 7 days per week. The attached graph illustrates current staffing levels and the forecasted staffing requirements for the next 12 months, week by week. The red line shows the current staffing levels, the blue area shows the forecasted staffing levels. As you can see the requirements are very sporadic, the average forecast over the 52 weeks is 27. Therefor I have no issue with justifying to senior management that we need 2 more staff. However, this will do little to help in the weeks where we need more than this. 
    My question is, is there any other, more robust calculation apart from using the average that I could use to justify recruiting additional staff over and above the 27??
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Richiee

Comments

Advertisement