Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda CB500F finance

Options
  • 25-01-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've an unlimited license, but the last time I owned a motorbike was in 1999, so I'm looking to get a CB500F for a start. It sounds like an ideal bike for the city (Dublin) and for occasional weekend trips.

Can you please advise me on the best financing options for this model?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Contact any of the shops that sell them. Most do financing.

Alternatively go to your local Credit Union if you're a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

I've an unlimited license, but the last time I owned a motorbike was in 1999, so I'm looking to get a CB500F for a start. It sounds like an ideal bike for the city (Dublin) and for occasional weekend trips.

Can you please advise me on the best financing options for this model?

Thank you.

If you're with AIB you can get a loan using the app. I was just testing it on my phone to see what i'd need to apply for the loan when it was approved and put into my account. 5 grand in a few seconds (country has learned nothing from the crash). at the time i bought a cbr500r which is a great bike and i think it uses the same engine as the cb500f.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Rory28 wrote: »
    If you're with AIB you can get a loan using the app. I was just testing it on my phone to see what i'd need to apply for the loan when it was approved and put into my account. 5 grand in a few seconds (country has learned nothing from the crash). at the time i bought a cbr500r which is a great bike and i think it uses the same engine as the cb500f.

Thank you. Yes, I'm with AIB so I might do what you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Rory28 wrote: »

So you were messing with an app and AIB cleared you and gave you 5 grand in a few seconds.

I think there was a bit more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

xboxdad wrote: »
    Thank you. Yes, I'm with AIB so I might do what you suggested.

Look at the cost of finance before you go with any company. Our banks aren't generally doing good value for loans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

listermint wrote: »
    So you were messing with an app and AIB cleared you and gave you 5 grand in a few seconds.

They do that if you are their customer.

Permanent tsb loans are approved online the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

There really wasn't. Beyond logging in and filling out an online form that was it. You pick the amount you want and how long you want to pay it back for and hey presto. Money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most people with a proven record of saving and deposits are pre approved for small loans by their banks. The banks like debt so give it out easy to their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had a look at PTSB online now, as I'm looking at a bike atmo, about €7k.

One thing I do notice is that they charge more for older vehicles: a 2012 vehicled is 9.9% whilst a 2018 vehicle is 8.5%

That's just dumb.

With PTSB, 7k over 3 years is €225/month. Total amount payable comes to €8119

With the local credit union, 7k over 3 years is €216/month. Total amount payable comes to €7810.

A saving of €309. Not much in it, but the CU is more flexible if you need to change things as they go along.

A pity you can't get the rates new cars do, from the dealers: e.g. Kia at 0%, VW at 1.9%, etc. Who wouldn't buy a new bike at those rates ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

galwaytt wrote: »
    I had a look at PTSB online now, as I'm looking at a bike atmo, about €7k.

One thing I do notice is that they charge more for older vehicles: a 2012 vehicled is 9.9% whilst a 2018 vehicle is 8.5%

That's just dumb.

With PTSB, 7k over 3 years is €225/month. Total amount payable comes to €8119

With the local credit union, 7k over 3 years is €216/month. Total amount payable comes to €7810.

A saving of €309. Not much in it, but the CU is more flexible if you need to change things as they go along.

AIB works out right in between at 220 EUR / month. Not bad I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement